Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATOM Diy module

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to try building an ignition module using an SCR, here is my design. I would appreciate any input on this design

FSCRIgnition.jpg

Last edited:
Im not a design engineer, so cant realy help you. What i presented was a reverse engineereed Atom transistor driven ignition module. i had enough trouble by trial & error finding a suitable ignition transistor to work reliably.

Havent bothered to try any equivalent transistors or mosfet, as i have about 20 2SD1071 transistors. So at the age of 73 yrs i dont think i will need any more.

I'm interested in making an SMD version .. what type of capacitor do I need? is good ceramic MLCC 470nF? I find also SMD 2W 1.2 1.5kohm

Last edited:
Atom units were semi-SMD per pictures? Discrete transistors with SMD resistors? Not sure about the capacitor. I am curious to hear about equipment to make SMD assemblies. Also also Debe... how does one remove plastic shell from an Atom unit without wrecking the circuit board? Is the circuit functional after plastic is stripped?

I used a soldering iron to carefuly remove the plastic on the Atom module. Once the components were exposed the module worked fine. Since the original module works fine on the 4 engines i have them on ive left it at that.

SIR DABE
I'm interested in making an SMD version .. what type of capacitor do I need? is good ceramic MLCC 470nF? I find also SMD 2W 1.2 1.5kohm

Last edited:
Hi I just recived parts.. MOQ... ill try make two to see if its work... in next few days i make pcb :)
question... bc337 can be repalced with BC817?

Attachments

• viber_image_2022-05-19_12-59-32-974.jpg
    viber_image_2022-05-19_12-59-32-974.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back