Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

aplication of amplifier output relay delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvarblade

any one knows any application of amplifier output relay delay so i can demonstrate it .

silvarblade said:
any one knows any application of amplifier output relay delay so i can demonstrate it .

This sentence doesn't make much sense. Can you try and explain again?

Optikon said:
This sentence doesn't make much sense. Can you try and explain again?

you know how can i show its use. like should i use a fm radio or something to show what it does. or if any thing more interesting then please tell me.

I'm presuming you mean the speaker protection relay in some amplifiers?. It has two functions, one is to disconnect the speakers if the amplifier has a DC level on the output (as it would kill the speakers). Secondly, it delays connecting the speakers when you turn it on, so as to avoid any clicks or pops - it also disconnects the speakers when you turn the amp off as well, for the same reason.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I'm presuming you mean the speaker protection relay in some amplifiers?. It has two functions, one is to disconnect the speakers if the amplifier has a DC level on the output (as it would kill the speakers). Secondly, it delays connecting the speakers when you turn it on, so as to avoid any clicks or pops - it also disconnects the speakers when you turn the amp off as well, for the same reason.

hey are there any faults in this schematic. also the two resistors are not available in 0.25w so any substitutions??

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 201
silvarblade said:
hey are there any faults in this schematic. also the two resistors are not available in 0.25w so any substitutions??

The resistors are standard values and are available in 0.25W! I dont know where you shop at but if they dont have these look elsewhere.

Or, you could always place 2 of double the value in parallel each rated at 0.125W

i.e. 2.2K (.25W) = 4.3K // 4.3K close enough for this application.

or two 1.1K in series each rate for 0.125W, you get the idea.

hi silvarblade,

If you apply 24Vac to the circuit power terminals, the relay will take 5 seconds to operate and close the relay contacts.

If you have speakers connected as shown in the diagram they will be connected when the relays contacts close.

If you remove the 24Vac, the relay contacts will open immediately.

Why do you think the circuit will not work??

Check with Tomi Engdahl.

EricG

because the sun p alarm i made isn't working and it is from the same book although i did all the connections properly. can u verify that figure also please?

how am i supposed to connect the relay to the amplifier. i am using a radio circuit to show the output . connect the coil wires as shown what about the other three??

Optikon said:
The resistors are standard values and are available in 0.25W! I dont know where you shop at but if they dont have these look elsewhere.

Or, you could always place 2 of double the value in parallel each rated at 0.125W

i.e. 2.2K (.25W) = 4.3K // 4.3K close enough for this application.

or two 1.1K in series each rate for 0.125W, you get the idea.
hey is that a dpdt relay or a spdt one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back