Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

And you though the candle and nail hoax was bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really sad. This tops the candle/nail hoax. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing... :(

That gets my vote :p

This makes me sad so bad. The Power transistor in many TV's Pulse Width Modulates the 25Kv with around and sometimes well over 1 amp. Then with all the other circuitry in it, it would drain that AAA or AA, Hell even A few D cells in seconds.

The cord was pinched behind the TV. It would be too easy to do that. Just have the TV cable on the other side. :D

Such horrible quality. I can't even imagine what he will come up with next.

All I'm hearing is "Mom, Dad, check this out!!!"

Hopefully no one will try to plug the thing into the socket like that.

Notice the tip of the RCA cable was broken off using a crescent wrench.
Real nice.

Hahahaha! The comments on this VID are worth reading.

An AAA battery cell was not used.
It was said to be a baddery. It must have been a 120VAC baddery.
The duck tape was used to keep the electrons from leaking out.

What's really funny is the music and the guy's voice which seems to be on the verge of non-chalantly cracking as he speaks lol.

Krumlink said:
The Power transistor in many TV's Pulse Width Modulates the 25Kv with around and sometimes well over 1 amp.

Sorry, but you're talking complete rubbish! - there's no pulse width modulation in the line output, just a simple switcher.

The 25Kv is current limited to a maximum of around 1mA, obviously the input to the LOPTX (at around 150V) will be much higher, a couple of hundred mA or so.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Sorry, but you're talking complete rubbish! - there's no pulse width modulation in the line output, just a simple switcher.

The 25Kv is current limited to a maximum of around 1mA, obviously the input to the LOPTX (at around 150V) will be much higher, a couple of hundred mA or so.

Nigel is right. Infact, I thank my lucky stars it ISN'T 25KV@1Amp, because I've had the misfortune of taking a shock from the H.V. side of a T.V. and if that was the case, I'd be standing here dead. I thought the current was typically microamps to be honest?

Do you realise that 25KV@1Amp is the same as saying 25KW?

Brian

OutToLunch said:
"...I'd be standing here dead."
You don't see that every day
Go to a chicken or turkey farm. They are so crowded together that when one dies then all the others keep it standing up. There is no space for it to fall down.

Nigel Goodwin said:

No, the MOSFET, or transistor that regulates the HV Transformer with the voltage of whatever value (my HVflyback uses that) REQUIRES (the one in mine) requires a 1.25Amp input. It really depends on the TV and size.

No I wasnt talking rubbish :p

I think Nigel means that you were speaking complete rubbish when you said that there was PWM in line input.

I am sure he doesn't need me to clear that up. He'll respond, probably!
-Omar

?

The TV repair guy says that it has a 15khz input on the transistor...

Krumlink said:
No, the MOSFET, or transistor that regulates the HV Transformer with the voltage of whatever value (my HVflyback uses that) REQUIRES (the one in mine) requires a 1.25Amp input. It really depends on the TV and size.

No I wasnt talking rubbish :p

Sorry, but yes you were! :p

The transistor doesn't 'regulate' anything, it's just a switcher, it provides the transformer with a fixed width pulse (no PWM), which causes the LOPTX to 'ring', as it's tuned by capacitors around it.

The maximum current output on the EHT is 1mA (which is why it doesn't kill you!), so 25,000V at 1mA is 25W - this is at maximum beam current. There are also usually a few supply rails generated as well - but requiring 1.25A at the 150V or so that feeds it, is considerably more power than the entire TV consumes!.

As for frequency, in the UK 625 line system it's 15,625Hz - NTSC is in the same ballpark.

^^^^^^ what the man says! **broken link removed**

HiTech said:
Oh indeed yes!! Soldering a wire stub to the case of a SAW resonator is a very smart thing to do.... especially when it's not the antenna as suggested by the dufus author.

What I can't understand is that people are saying they've tried this and had favourable results!!! As you say, he didn't even solder to an antenna.
I think it's probably psychological; people are trying this and because they WANT an increased range they think that they're getting one, when infact they're not. It's like when I get my car serviced, I find myself thinking... I'm sure she's running smoother now. And when I put that engine cleaner through... I'm sure she's picking up much quicker now. In reality it's probably no smoother or quicker (or at least negligibly so) but the psychological effect makes you think it is.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back