Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

And you though the candle and nail hoax was bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThermalRunaway said:
What I can't understand is that people are saying they've tried this and had favourable results!!! As you say, he didn't even solder to an antenna.
I think it's probably psychological; people are trying this and because they WANT an increased range they think that they're getting one, when infact they're not. It's like when I get my car serviced, I find myself thinking... I'm sure she's running smoother now. And when I put that engine cleaner through... I'm sure she's picking up much quicker now. In reality it's probably no smoother or quicker (or at least negligibly so) but the psychological effect makes you think it is.

I know what you mean, you fit new brake pads, and it seems to go faster! :D

ThermalRunaway said:
What I can't understand is that people are saying they've tried this and had favourable results!!! As you say, he didn't even solder to an antenna.
I think it's probably psychological; people are trying this and because they WANT an increased range they think that they're getting one, when infact they're not. It's like when I get my car serviced, I find myself thinking... I'm sure she's running smoother now. And when I put that engine cleaner through... I'm sure she's picking up much quicker now. In reality it's probably no smoother or quicker (or at least negligibly so) but the psychological effect makes you think it is.

Brian

I'm guessing some people are being sarcastic...

I soldered a clothes hangar to it and I can unlock my car from a 1/4 mile away!

Think I paraphrased it, but check the video's comments...

I flew a kite up high with copper wire instead of string.
Then I wrapped the wire around my car's remote a few turns. I didn't solder the wire.
I could unlock all the cars in my city!

audioguru said:
Then I wrapped the wire around my car's remote a few turns. I didn't solder the wire.

I didn't think Canadian's could be that sarcastic!!! :D

ThermalRunaway said:
I didn't think Canadian's could be that sarcastic!!! :D
He's been taking lessons from Red Green.

audioguru said:
Even the cars with no remote entry?

audioguru said:
even ther ones that had their doors welded shut.
I thought Canada had lower crime rates? Usually just locking the doors is sufficient here in the states;)

In Canada we lock our doors to keep out the American criminals.
Our jails are full of American criminals but they keep coming.
They like our strong beer.

I tried the TV off a battery thingy, and it worked. Only, instead of using a big tv, i used a small battery operated one... :p

audioguru said:
I am a Canada Goose undercover.
More like, under the cover with a Canadian Goose!:eek: I've heard about the warmth of goose down but you bring it to a whole new light!

CheapSlider said:
I bet someone will try this
Remote control light changer
(Just in case it might work)

That Looks Like the Same TV that "supposedly" runs off of a battery.

I run my whole House off of a 120V Battery. There are Wires in the wall that come from some "magical" source. Amazingly, this source seems to be alternating at a very high frequency. I tried Touching it the other day and the Magic Box Zapped Me! Oh Why Does the wizzzard hate me so?

Or maybe its those pesky gnomes from Canada.

Yes, I was introduced to this gentleman's (hardly) videos last night. What a complete disgrace :eek:... But for those of us who know that a AAA battery won't induce current into a transformer know it's a fast (let alone power capacity), but, some aren't as fortunate as us... :rolleyes:
In regards to the iPod one, goto time 2:23 and you will see - it is quite apparant that power is coming from an external (proper) source.

Inducing current is not ans excuse. Most modern tv's will run on batteries. You just need enough to make at least 150vdc. The SMPSU's work from dc (the first component on a PS after the fuse and filter is a bridge rectifier)

erosennin said:
Yes, I was introduced to this gentleman's (hardly) videos last night. What a complete disgrace :eek:... But for those of us who know that a AAA battery won't induce current into a transformer know it's a fast (let alone power capacity), but, some aren't as fortunate as us... :rolleyes:
In regards to the iPod one, goto time 2:23 and you will see - it is quite apparant that power is coming from an external (proper) source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back