Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Devices SSM2166P Pre-Amp Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briantrey

HI,

I'm looking for IC SSM2166P Or an equivalent. Its a IC that has compression capabilities along with limiting and noise gate. This chip is very hard to find, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a equivalent chip that i can use as a supplement? I tried doing searches on compression chips, but to no avail. I'm looking for an IC chip that has noise gate, limiting, and compression. This chip must have all three functions within one chip. But, if this chip cannot be found i'm also on the lookout for chips that do this individually. I.e. one chip with noise gate, one chip with limiting, in one chip for compression.

Any ideas or information is greatly appreciated.

P.S I'll be using this chip for audio applications. I.e. for a microphone, for a studio setting.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Hi Brian,
National Semi has a new microphone preamp IC that has a few of the features you need. It is tiny though, they hope it will replace the tiny FET inside electret mics.

Small Bear Electronics in Arizona has some of these. They want $8.75 each for them. They were made as recently as 2000 but were discontinued not long after that. I used several for guitar stompbox compressors I built just last month and they all had a '00 date code on them. They're out there but you're right, very hard to find & not cheap when you find them.

Small Bear has limited quantities of these in both DIPP & SMD formats.

**broken link removed**

Cheers,
- JJG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back