Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting frequency on US devices (60Hz - 50Hz)

and.and

Hi friends, hope this is the right session where to post this thread..
first of all hank you so much for the opportunity to write here:)i'm looking for a solution to make it work in Italy an USA air dryer.The air dryer is compatible with 120V/60hz 15amp, in Italy we use 230V 50HZ. I am looking to design my own frequency converter / circuit even rewinding he motor, Another option is to make it work with an inverter which should still provide the correct voltage & 60Hz frequency sinewave output.
as you can imagine i am looking any way possible to make this air dryer work in italy, i really need his particular model to work in Italy and implement it in my wife air saloon.:D:cool:
Thank you really in advance everybody that give me any support and even willing to work with me on his project
Best regards Andrea

By the time you buy two, diddle around and try to buy test equipment, tools and electrical parts in Italy, you may be much better off (safer, more reliable and faster) to pay the $1600 and call it a day.

Or, you could have a heart-to-heart talk with your wife about global warming and all the benefits of air-drying hair the natural way.
Not really an option in a hair salon :D

Not really an option in a hair salon :D
:happy:

Happy Suday everybody. hope you all doing well.
i know is not amazon or ebay but i think i found something that also convert the frequncy at very cheap price could it be possible ?:oops:

sorry in advance if i sayd a ******** lol
Off-the-shelf power tool transformers should work fine for what the OP needs, eg. this type of thing:

<3

Sorry everybody for replying late, i really was watching email entering my phone of you all people replying me, i was full of appreciation but still couldn't make to rush on the computer. i was over busy the past 24 hours had to fix some expiring documents

i went online to check for the best communities to help me solve his problem , and i didn know most of you join both of them i really appreciate you all !!

please don't be angry with me

if i can briefly give some info about the hair dryer which i miss in my main post and i apologize for that

so here is The link of the product https://myrevair.com/products/revair

as you can see in the Tab spec of the product it is clearly mentioned :
“RevAir is compatible with 120V/60hz 15amp outlets only. The device will not operate with the use of a power converter, adaptor, or transformer”

now i have read online that people have imported this product and tried with a step down voltage inverter but it was no sufficient as they have melt the hairdryer.

so i really don't know how to get a solution for his i googled for a hz converter and they are industrial type super expensive (i even found product like this https://www.polskieprzetwornice.pl/...500w/?osCsid=bbdc511bb2e293282eab07181f9b9cee but the limit is 500w), anybody that is willing to help me i'm willing to pay because i'm serious about his project
sincerely Andrea

We have the RevAir as well and we live in Oman, which has the same voltage system as in Italy (using UK plugs) so 220-240v as output and we use the appliances we bring from the Netherlands here.

We were hesitatnt to buy it as well due to several warnings that it will not work with Step Down converter, however we ordered one that specifically indicated it also works with hairdryers and up till now the RevAir works and my wife is very happy with it. The Step Down converter is from UMI and we have the 1600 Watt one even though the RevAir specs are specifying 800 Watt. See link below for the one we have in combination with the RevAir.

I truly value your message and the effort you took to share information. Prior to obtaining the genuine Revair product from the USA, I was actively seeking solutions, consulting local professors, and electronic engineers. Your testimonial has boosted my confidence, and I'm now committed to purchasing the product. Just one more query, if you don't mind: does the converter work with the new Revair, or does your wife own the older version?

We have the RevAir as well and we live in Oman, which has the same voltage system as in Italy (using UK plugs) so 220-240v as output and we use the appliances we bring from the Netherlands here.

We were hesitatnt to buy it as well due to several warnings that it will not work with Step Down converter, however we ordered one that specifically indicated it also works with hairdryers and up till now the RevAir works and my wife is very happy with it. The Step Down converter is from UMI and we have the 1600 Watt one even though the RevAir specs are specifying 800 Watt. See link below for the one we have in combination with the RevAir.

I truly value your message and the effort you took to share information. Prior to obtaining the genuine Revair product from the USA, I was actively seeking solutions, consulting local professors, and electronic engineers. Your testimonial has boosted my confidence, and I'm now committed to purchasing the product. Just one more query, if you don't mind: does the converter work with the new Revair, or does your wife own the older version?

Last edited:
Note the UMI price is not linear with Watt rating and the 2000 W unit can handle 4000W with a 1/3 duty cycle.

So it is fair to say the power limit is thermal and can handle some surges.

hmm
"Connecting the 120V US/Canada version of the RevAir device with a plug adapter, converter or transformer will cause destructive damage to the device and may cause personal injury or harm. Only use the RevAir device with the electrical source it is rated for according to the rating plate on the device and the information included in the owner's manual."

Last edited:
hmm
"Connecting the 120V US/Canada version of the RevAir device with a plug adapter, converter or transformer will cause destructive damage to the device and may cause personal injury or harm. Only use the RevAir device with the electrical source it is rated for according to the rating plate on the device and the information included in the owner's manual."
This has already been considered.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...y-on-us-devices-60hz-50hz.165200/post-1441040

We have the new RevAir version (Although I doubt there is a significant difference electronically).

The only issue was that RevAir cancelled our order. Although we used a US shipping address (from https://www.shopandship.com/), they recorded that I did not place the order from the US and as such indicated that this was the reason for order cancellation.

Other options to purchase online that we found were Amazon, BestBuy and eBay (new and used).

All the best with your purchase!

Dear Andrea, I hope you have succeeded in getting the Revair run in your Salon. May I kindly ask you to share your experience with the setup used by https://www.electro-tech-online.com/members/nwesterhuijs.323275/. Thank you very much in advance for your reply. Greetings from Berlin
Stephan

We have the new RevAir version (Although I doubt there is a significant difference electronically).

The only issue was that RevAir cancelled our order. Although we used a US shipping address (from https://www.shopandship.com/), they recorded that I did not place the order from the US and as such indicated that this was the reason for order cancellation.

Other options to purchase online that we found were Amazon, BestBuy and eBay (new and used).

All the best with your purchase!
May I ask if your wife is successfully running the Revair in the same setup, still? I have ordered the Revair and the UMI thx to your shared experience - to be shipped to a family member located in the US. Now the time window is still open to return the devices:). Many thx in advance for your kind assistance.
Greetings from Berlin
Stephan

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back