Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All guru's welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiba recently posted a good 3V regulator using an LM317 IC. Make it and use it. Then learn about it from its datasheet.

I have a feeling he's thinking "What's an, IC, resistor, how do I interpret a schematic?"

Well perhaps you need to do a little research before you can attempt this but it isn't that hard and you'll feel satisfied having completed it.

Hero999 said:
I have a feeling he's thinking "What's an, IC, resistor, how do I interpret a schematic?"

Ain't that the truth.
Finally someone who understands me.
It's a foriegn language to me.

The quiescent current of a 50ma zener regulator isn't even going to compete with the self discharge of a 12 volt battery (I'm asuming this is a car)

Hi all
there are issues.
the seeker clearly says he doesn't know 'a' of electronics repeatedly. He wants to modify something. why not he content using 2032 for the remote as per original design.

Afterall, low consumption-- lasts long. he can keep a spare battery in his car as standby.

as i understand, after identifying a thing like 7833 (a 3.3V ) volts regulator ,
if he has to be helped for wiring it, it will be aproblem and frequent interconnect breaks etc.

a remote is a reomte and should be freed from a luggage type battery.

There are cheap Car Converter DC Socket Power Supply Adapters on ebay, wiring one up would be easy but much less rewarding than a diy power supply. It's like Orange drink in a plastic carton vs Orange Juice that's been hand squeezed by semi naked virgins and served with ice cubes made 12,000 year old artic icebergs and served in a jewel encrusted crystal goblet.

That's a nice way of putting it, but I think zemo with just have to stick to juice from the plastic carton.

Now you got it!

I want to just stick a straw in the orange!

I Just need to know which straw and where and how to stick it in the orange.

And to answer mvs sarma and everyone else,

They make a remote that is wired into the headlight of a motorcycle.

I know they make these already but, I want to try to make one out of my remote.

Anyway, it is wired into the high beam socket of the headlight by 2 wires. Hot and ground.
When you flash your high beams on, the remote is activated and presto, your door opens.

The bike has a 12 volt battery, while my remote has a 3 volt battery.

I would like to simply put something inline to decrease the voltage down to 3 volts.
I figure once I do this, the output of the remote would be the same being it only has 3 volts imput!

As Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story".

Can this be done? And what is the cheapest way?

We showed you a simple voltage regulator circuit using an LM317 IC that reduces 12V down to 3V. The LM317LCLPR costs $.49US at Digikey. The other few parts are less expensive.

Find an electronics geek friend who can make the circuit for you. Pay him for his work with a bottle of beer.

Or buy the car converter DC Socket power supply adapter chiba was talking about, you can get them off ebay, possibly a petrol station or even a department store.

zemo said:
And to answer mvs sarma and everyone else,

They make a remote that is wired into the headlight of a motorcycle.

I know they make these already but, I want to try to make one out of my remote.

Anyway, it is wired into the high beam socket of the headlight by 2 wires. Hot and ground.
When you flash your high beams on, the remote is activated and presto, your door opens.

Hi,
you are right and perfect.afterall comfort is needed after a long trip and if one flash the bikes head lights , we don't have to bothe for power economy-- as Audioguru suggested just use LM317 or any similar device, (perhaps off late 7833 is available.)to derive 3 or 3.3 volts and be done with--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back