Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS1115 connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilimike

I am doing a project with ESP8266 and ADS1115. I want to monitor the voltage of 3 battery banks. I already had some PCBs made but now I am looking at my circuit and I am thinking that maybe I did something wrong. Here is the part of my circuit that is confusing me.
The 3 banks have a common ground and bank1 is providing power and being monitored but if I add bank 2, I realize that there is a path through R3, R4 and R6. If my conclusion is valid, how would I go about fixing this?
Capture.JPG

Mike

My first thought is that you are confused and all messed up in the head, I know this because it happens to me from time to time.
You need to look at the whole circuit, not just this little part.

You have three battery banks.
Do these three batteries have a common point ? ie are they connected together at their negative terminals?
If they are, and that common point is connected to the ground of this circuit shown in your post, then you do not have a problem.

The only way to be sure is to examine the whole circuit, not just the fragment which you have shown here.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back