Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fluorescent replacement LED tube light connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the USA has always been rather backwards and behind the rest of world,
The USA haS this place called NASA. I hear its top notch.
Two things I appreciate about the UK are that it is the birth place of the Beatles and James Bond.

My daughters auto
20180406_195429.jpg

YOU could buy this 120 vac 9100 Lumen LED light for the shop wall it is only $59.99 and 120v it is 5500k. This 1 light will make more light then several 4foot new light fixtures and make more light and cost less install this in 10 minutes.
I think that is completely useless for a residential, indoor application.

What "shop wall" are you talking about?

ak

I think I wasted $40 buying new tubes for these 4' light fixtures but this was a very easy 5 minute fix. Are these newer 1" diameter tubes florescent like the older 1½" florescent tubes? I ordered a 9100 lumen light yesterday it will work perfect mounted to the wall at the ceiling directly behind me at the work bench. 55 years ago there were not so many products to choose from. 50 years ago I use to explore the stores, looking at every item, learn what is available, I don't do that anymore. Now days when new products are available I often don't know about it until 5 years later & by then some thing new has replaced it already.

Last edited:
I think I wasted $40 buying new tubes for these 4' light fixtures but this was a very easy 5 minute fix. Are these newer 1" diameter tubes florescent like the older 1½" florescent tubes? I ordered a 9100 lumen light yesterday it will work perfect mounted to the wall at the ceiling directly behind me at the work bench. 55 years ago there were not so many products to choose from. 50 years ago I use to explore the stores, looking at every item, learn what is available, I don't do that anymore. Now days when new products are available I often don't know about it until 5 years later & by then some thing new has replaced it already.

If they aren't labelled LED, then they are florescent - and essentially the same as they have always been, since back before WWII.

It only takes 5-10 minutes to convert a fitting to LED - just strip the insides out (or if the ballast is riveted leave it in situ), and wire the mains to either end of a double ended LED tube.

The 5ft tubes I have in my attic (where I am at this moment) actually rotate a fair degree as well, and as they have a reflective backing on one side you can angle them a fair amount.

When I replaced the ones in the kitchen (two shorter tubes - 3ft? - in a double fitting) those tubes didn't rotate, and shone sideways - so I was a bit wary about how well it might work. However, I needn't have worried, as it illuminates the kitchen perfectly.

What!!!o_O

The UK still has Kings and Queens...:hilarious:
:happy::joyful:
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Well the USA has always been rather backwards and behind the rest of world, using valves for years after everyone else (apart from the USSR) had long stopped using them - you even still use feet and inches :D

Greed, power, corruption, controls everything in USA. RICH people get richer & pour people get poorer, rich people own & control everything. Our government is very slow to make improvements it might make people mad. Politicians are criminals they make millions of dollars being a politician. WE don't teach anyone how to get a job in school. Sports is more important than a good education. 50% of to population pays for the other 50% that can't get a job or refuse to get a job. England & Germany have better medical care than USA drug companies here want people to never get completely well they can't sell over priced drugs to people that are not sick. The so called greatest nation in the world has 1,000,000. homeless people and 40,000. abandon unwanted children every year. Several problems could be fixed but it will take money away from the Billionaire so nothing gets done. The newest greed in USA is Billionaires are buying all the houses for sale in the largest cities once they own everything monthly rent goes up 50% more expensive, pay or be homeless.

I hope my 9100 lumen LED light arrives today.

Last edited:
I was expecting this 9100 Lumen LED light to be brighter than the 8 fluorescent tube lights but they are not. No lumen rating on the tubes? No heat or AC in this workshop it has been 12° to 18°F for a month. 1500w electric space here can increase the temperature 5 degrees every hour. 60 candles will heat this shed to 70°F in 15 minutes.

100_3732.JPG

100_3733.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back