Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
you want the input to be at least 30V and be capable of processing 5 to 10A? What is the output voltage range going to be? Any output that is significantly lower than 30V is going to heat your house.

I'm sorry I made a error in the link to the data sheet. Here is the data sheet for the LT1083CP and it is an adjustable regulator. If you need some I have a small qty that I would be willing to share with you.
NED

Attachments

• LT1083CP.pdf
    229.3 KB · Views: 587
Your Gonna Need More Packages To Dissapate The Heat.how About A Variable Inductace Foward Converter ,or Stepped Pre Regulator?
Edge

You could just add Transistors to the output of a small regulator.

Attachments

• 5 Amp Regulator.gif
    5 Amp Regulator.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,328
  • High_Current_Adj_Regulator.gif
    High_Current_Adj_Regulator.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,709
  • 30 amp Power Supply.gif
    30 amp Power Supply.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,406
A couple more

Attachments

• Increased_Output_7900.GIF
    Increased_Output_7900.GIF
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,496
  • Lm317 and 2N3055.gif
    Lm317 and 2N3055.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 4,465
When a voltage regulator has emitter follower transistors on its output then the output of the circuit has lousy voltage regulation.
It also does not have current limiting.

Yes, the LM723 has the output transistors inside its negative feedback loop so the output voltage is regulated properly. It also has current limiting.

Night Rider said:
Hi there,
I'm looking for an ic much better from LM338 and LM396. 5-10A but more voltage >=30V.
Thanks!
You really need to look at switchmode power supply controllers... and probably a microcontroller controlled one at that.

Try Microchip's "power solutions" pages to see what they have.

P.

Ok guys,
Thanks for your ideas.i have in my mind all of this but i was thinking for an ic. I'm programming pic's but i'm running out of time to design somethink like that. I made the supply but i'm not very satisfied. 2 channels 0-75V/5A, 1 channel -75-0V/5A, 1 channel 5V/5A. It is very complex and when i added current regulator some problem was occurred. i'll make something more simply. Sorry the bad english.
Thanks again for your ideas. When i'll make something about this i'll publish to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back