Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable repeating timer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

Hello everyone,

Last weekend I got a bit bored and felt like making something. So off I went shopping to Maplin’s bought some parts and a break beam sensor kit.
My objective was to make a shutter release cable with different attachments for different situations.
I’ve made a shutter release control box and crudely modified the break beam sensor. Now I can plug my shutter cable in to the box for normal remote shooting or plug it in to the break beam to capture objects or animals with out my presence interfering. Here is a picture of my creation.
**broken link removed**

My new idea and attachment for my shutter cable is an adjustable repeating timer release box or something along them lines.
I need to adjust the time between shots and have it only activated for a short period of time so the camera can take a picture and the time to start again.
Ideally I need the time ranging from seconds to hours but if its not possible then minuets to hours will be fine.
It needs to have its own power source.
Be compact enough so it can be strapped to a tri-pod and have a 3.5mm stereo jack so I can plug my shutter cable in to it.

I fear this might be a bit beyond my current knowledge of circuits and electronics (which is not a lot) but I’m willing to give it ago.

I have looked for this but most I found don’t repeat the time or let you adjust the time between shutter actuation easily.
Any help, advice, links or even diagrams and part lists would be great. Thanks.

More detailed info on the device would be helpful.
You may be able to change a timing capacitor to adjust the timing range.
A 9v alkaline battery may work. You might be able to change the ICs to lower power types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back