Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adaptor with timer to save electricity while using mobile phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

hi,

i need a design/ guidance an electric plug / adapter with built-in timer to cutt off power supply to the charger after a selected number of hours.

waiting to get guided

thanking you in advance

hi mobileman,
In the UK you can buy electro-mechanical timers that plug into a mains
socket, then you plug in your mobile charger into the timer.

I would expect that there should be something similar, available in your area.?

The time can be set in 15 minute increments upto 24 hours.

Price in UK from £2.0 to £5.0GBP depending upon current switching limit.

Regards
EricG

My cell phone uses a Lithium battery, doesn't yours?
A lithium battery has a charger that stops charging when the battery is fully charged, or the battery will catch on fire. Does your charger keep on charging and does your cell phone's battery catch on fire?

My cell phone charger uses 2W from the mains. If I left it running all day every day then the electricity it uses costs next to nothing.

audioguru said:
My cell phone uses a Lithium battery, doesn't yours?
A lithium battery has a charger that stops charging when the battery is fully charged, or the battery will catch on fire. Does your charger keep on charging and does your cell phone's battery catch on fire?

My cell phone charger uses 2W from the mains. If I left it running all day every day then the electricity it uses costs next to nothing.

my dear audioguru,

it s not the matters what i thought. i want to get the details of the timer based plug or charger/adaptor. can u help/guide me regarding this?

audioguru said:
A timer for your charger is not needed.

my dear friend,
did u read my query? i m not olny looking to a timer based mobile charger. i m looking to get or make tomer based adaptor/plug for certain purpose.

nw i m thinking tht, u have got cleared.

pls guide me if u can

thnks n advance

If you want to make a timer then make a clock (the clock ICs are not available anymore) from many logic ICs then have it drive a transistor that drives a relay.

I would assume that accuracy isn't an issue, use a CD4060 oscillator/counter, time delays of several hours or ven days are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back