Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Absolute beginer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

hi,

I am a commerce graduate and recently got interested in Electronic's.

My aim for the coming 12 months is to build a "satellite digital receiver"

I have already bought a book called "short-circuit" volume 1 and made all the projectes succesfully and I am at a loss at what to do next.

I browsed thru a couple of books and came across projects which I suspect are outdated because of new technology.

Can anyone suggest me a course of action or perhaps a website where I can get the proper information. I mean what do I study or which projects should I build?

thanx in advance

harry
NZ

Can you let us know what projects you have built so that we can judge your level and suggest you your next projects.

hi

thanx for the reply.

I have finished a few small projects like dancing lights and similar beginer stuff.

After that I searched the net for some basic reading on voltage, current, resistance, capacitors, transistors etc etc. I think now I have this basic info and understand the principles behind the projcted which I had completed previously.

Now I am making a bell project and trying to attach with a project where a LED lights up when there is a change in light (i am talking about light sensitive resistors). I am planning to get a working project which will ring a bell when a person stands outside my house.

thanx in advance

harry

I am stuck

hi

thanx for the info. Unfortuantely I had already purchased a project and all the components. I constructed the project. Now I do I test it? When i use my mulitimeter I get the correct voltages, if I use a simple speaker, it gives out some sound. My speaker for the bell is fine but the thing just does not give the ding-dong sound. I have a feeling that I have blew up the IC while sodering. So how can i check what has gone wrong? I really appreciate your support

regards

harry

Hi Harry,
For now onwards keep one thing in mind that never solder IC directly onto the PCB. Use IC sockets. ICs are very sensitive to high temperatures and most of the time they get damaged while soldering. And since you have just begun electronics I bet you must have taken more than 30 seconds to solder which is much more than ICs limit. So next time take care you don't take more than 10-15 seconds to solder each pin of any active component.
Now in your bell you can desolder the IC using either desolder wick or desoldering pump. Replace the IC with a new one and don't forget to use the socket.

hi

I was soldering it for a long long time.

let me have a look, I am planning to spend this whole saturday on this project.

will get back to u

thanx a lot

regards

harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back