Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

starting micro controller for beginer from where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

younes_ysf

HELLO TO EVERY BODY
i am a beginner man in electronic:D but i have some experiences in it.i want to start the micro controllers and programing for them. but i don't know where i can start. which type AVR, PIC, or else. which is the best and for m to begin.

i depends what you want to do with it, how you want to program , and how deep is your wallet. if you can answer a few of these i can make a few suggestions

i depends what you want to do with it, how you want to program , and how deep is your wallet. if you can answer a few of these i can make a few suggestions

i want to learn it for my self to. i like electronic for myself. i want to gain experience . i want o see the creatures that i had made them:D. (working creatures) don't talk about deepness of my wallet:p i cant say it is not bad and not good. but i prefer it be cheap.tnx

HELLO TO EVERY BODY
i am a beginner man in electronic:D but i have some experiences in it.i want to start the micro controllers and programing for them. but i don't know where i can start. which type AVR, PIC, or else. which is the best and for m to begin.

I know of a great option, that comes with it's own free software, that is configurable for Assembly language, C, and is C++ compatible.

The micro- controller chip comes with its own USB programmer and everything, plus 3 extra chips, all for $30, and from a HIGHLY reputable company.

All abusive political remarks deleted, these forums aren't a place for it - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a great option, that comes with it's own free software, that is configurable for Assembly language, C, and is C++ compatible.

The micro- controller chip comes with its own USB programmer and everything, plus 3 extra chips, all for $30, and from a HIGHLY reputable company.

However, I have to ask first.. Do you support the President of your country and his policies? Do you support Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Care to tell us which one? The unpopular no support TI micro? Careful if TI can't sell millions they'll abandon them. Remember the 99/18?

What does a guy in a polyester suit have to do with anytimg)

Care to tell us which one? The unpopular no support TI micro? Careful if TI can't sell millions they'll abandon them. Remember the 99/18?

Your right I wasn't specific enough. But to answer your question, no. Not that one, the MSP430Xxxxx, of which has heavy TI support, heavy industrial usage and support, and comes with its own USB programmer.

TI dedicates TWO different programming environments to this device, supplies an extensive code library, not only in ASM, but includes C, and C++ to go with it. To boot, they offer online training seminars, every couple of hours or so, and some of includes direct email support with technicians.

SO......you could say it has good support.;)

The beginnner: **broken link removed**

ez430=2013 USB development board
The advanced: **broken link removed**

All abusive political remarks deleted, these forums aren't a place for it - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well TI has pretty much zero as far as a hobbiest community goes. Which makes it more somthing more of a niche MPU. Do the chips have DIP versions?

Well TI has pretty much zero as far as a hobbiest community goes.

Well in my opinion, the model I currently have, where I linked above as the "beginner" model, is perfect for the hobby community, as I am certainly a newbie. You take that usb stick as shown, plug it into the USB port, download the code, and disconnect the actual msp430F201x chip and connect it to your circuit.

Do the chips have DIP versions?
Like the ones you literally pick up and insert into a DIP holder? NO, you are right, the msp430fxxxx chip is EXTREMELY small, with terminals that you could never hope to solder with a soldering iron. However, here is the cool part. It is already attached to a board with pin outs/pin holes that are connected to your inputs and output pins on the MCU.

Here is the actual chip board that you disconnect from the USB programmer after you have flashed it, and connect it to your circuit.

**broken link removed** <--- plugs into this: **broken link removed**

Make no mistake, I am not saying its necessarily better than your proposed devices that you are selling, or PICS in general, its just another really good option.:)

Last edited:
Well TI has pretty much zero as far as a hobbiest community goes. Which makes it more somthing more of a niche MPU. Do the chips have DIP versions?

I doubt the hobby community drives the industry, but I think your correct the TI part does not look hobby friendly. It does have some cool features though, like mixed signal peripherals. Check out some of the good appnotes.
**broken link removed**

PhillDubya I don't think you should discuss politics here...besides nobody asked you for an opinion on Ahmadinejad...

I'm in agreement with arunb and the OP here. This is an electronics site and that is what the OP is asking about, not politics.

Information should be offered without strings attached, or not at all.

thanks alot from all of you. with this discution i finally found that the PIC is the best chice for me. thanks alot from all you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back