Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Single Phase Inverter with 4 BJT's or IGBT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVIL

I m planing to built a single phase inverter with either the BJT's or the IGBT's. Could anyone please suggest me which one would be a better option?(BJT's or IGBT's)...the inverter must convert 12Vd.c to 220V a.c...I have the circuit diagram...but want to know specifically how to give the gate pulse to IGBT's or how to make them on...any specific circuit needed as it has to be in the case of SCR's?...It would be very helpful indeed if some light is thrown on this...and the whole circuit of the Inverter..thankyou

I have the circuit diagram.
Then that should show the gate drive arrangement.

A BJT requires current to drive base while a IGBT requires a voltage to drive the base. Because of that the IGBT may be more efficient. The most efficient would likely be to use MOSFETS since they are also voltage driven but have a much lower ON (drain-source) voltage than a IGBT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back