Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A couple of IC's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of package do the come in?

Assuming they're semiconductors and nothing else.

MT5112 appears to be a LQFP 100-pin demodulator.
MT5351 appears to be a BGA 471-pin DTV backend decoder.

Found in the Google hit below, for "MT5112 datasheet"
VIZIO GV42L HDTV Service Manual

Unfortunately, that's about all I have been able to find so far.

Thanks for your responses.
That service manual link is the source of my request, to build a circuit fed by a ATSC digital tuner video output and obtain component video out.
I was unable to find data at its manufacturer site Mediatek.
Perhaps my only choice is to obtain a defunct TV and saw-off the board section containing the circuitry. :(

Unless you suggest another approach.
The task is to add video outputs to my television receiver; which is not a Vizio. If it was, I could tap the signals out of MT5351

Doesn't it already have video outputs?, certainly all European TV's do.

Only CVBS, not Component, which isn't used in Europe (we use the superior RGB, but TV's don't output that either).

Last edited:
That is interesting news, Nigel.
If european models have outputs, mine is chinese for the USA market.
No way to find its service manual to check at which nodes I could tap the signals :(

Visited several TV stores to check myself which to buy and called to a bunch more. Some had no clue on what I was asking, others said 'yes, all have them' to later retract in embarrassment when I asked to visually confirm. Some salespersons thought they knew it all about televisions... :)
Found zero with any kind of video outputs, 'high end' or not.

Already tapped composite video output from my TV internal tuner, works great, I can record, but only on NTSC channels.

Edited. added: Checked a UK site for TVs. Picked one random, seems to me there is no such video out:
**broken link removed** (click on 'specs')
Not even SCART shown. And if it was implemented, such would be for analog signals only... I think.

Last edited:
Edited. added: Checked a UK site for TVs. Picked one random, seems to me there is no such video out:
**broken link removed** (click on 'specs')
Not even SCART shown. And if it was implemented, such would be for analog signals only... I think.

That TV has two SCART sockets listed in the spec, and SCART's are bi-directional.

Usually only one of them will output composite video from the digital tuner, although both will probably output the analogue signal. It's all to do with silly things like using the internal digital tuner to feed a DVD recorder, whilst using the analogue tuner, or the other SCART input, to watch something else.

From the instruction book:

EXT 1 SCART (AV input, Y/C input, RGB input, TV output)
EXT 2 SCART (AV input/monitor output, Y/C input)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back