Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 min off and 1 min on timer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
What circuit are you using?

Ken

I don't recall where the IRF540 can up, but you can probably us any logic-level N-channel MOSFET or a small general purpose NPN transistor that will handle the coil current of the relay.
What is the relay's coil resistance?

Ken

100-200ohm i have read that a 555 timer cannot have decipation of more than 200mA and burns up quickly. and if a higher current is to be used it must be switched. so i wanted a precaution measure. someone adviced me to use irf540 there. but if somthing other can help i would be glad.

A 6VDC relay with a 100Ω coil will only draw 60mA. Well within the 555's limit. Just make sure you put an anti-flyback diode across the relay's coil terminals...cathode to the positive side and anode to the negative.

ken

Ah... you're running the same problem on two different forums: Timer circuit for cooler water pump - All About Circuits Forum

Ken

yes dear. its because of my background. i am a medical biotechnologist and a core researcher. i always see and compare things and then work on them. so i post it on multiple forums and find out if i get any new unique ideas. more and easier the better!! so i was just looking for ideas from multiple experts. it might happen that someone might comeup with a good idea i can understand easily and the circuit may be much simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back