555 timer help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonboy

I am trying to make a 4 second delay on a 555 timer circuit, so that when I put power on it, it will start out dead, wait 4 seconds then turn on forever. All help is appreciated.

You have to invert the 555 output. A PNP transistor with current limiting resistor to the base should do it.

could you tell me more... I just tarted this 2 days ago

could you tell me in a bit more depth (like pin numbers)?... I just started 2 days ago... I'm working on reading scimatics (any tips on that will also be appreciated! ) but they still look alitle confusing...

thanks

Ed

This is what I had in mind: The 4 second time is set by R1 and C2, the trigger is caused by C2 which holds pin 2 low at the time power is applied. C2 charges thru R2 in less than 4 seconds so the timer does not re-trigger. C3 is just the recommended bypass cap. The output of the 555 does not go all the way to the power supply voltage, so the yellow LED is used to drop 2 volts and insure that the 2N2907 is off when the 555 output is high. Any questions, you can email me or post here.

Attachments

• TIMER_157.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 808
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…