Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 realy delay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenc_hmfc

Hi i am making a circuit for my car. This will be triggered by the feed to the central locking motor (switch on diagram). The circuit will be providing a timed delay to allow lights to stay on for a set period of time when the central locking motoer is activated.

Can someone have a look at the circuit iv made up and see if its ok. It seems to work fine on croc clips.

**broken link removed**

Good Attempt.

Let me just highlight what I feel may be a few issues.

You need to have a "flyback" diode across your relay for protection.

Why is your variable resistors wiper (middle pin) connected to your output pin 3?

Pin 5 should have the 10pF straight to ground not to after the output diode.

Lastly your 555 Timer might not be able to directly drive the relay so you can use a N Channel Mosfet or leave it out your choice.

Suggestion:

Suggestion.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Tbh i dont really know what im doing hence the mistakes with the circuit. I will try this circuit and let you know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back