Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

430 Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone go to the TI 430 Day? I haven't started working with my development kit yet; need some more free time. Looks to be promising though; really seems like a good value for a development kit.

I wonder if the MSP430 will start taking hold on the hobbyist world; it can be programmed in C with existing free utilities...it'll run on 3 volts all the way down to about 1.8; perfect for powering with two AA batteries. The development kit boards even allow for headers to be mounted; the kit that was distributed at the seminar also has 2.4GHz wireless. There are cheaper kits for just $20.

Thoughts?

Yes, I was there

I went to the one in Memphis last Tuesday. I had previously purchased the EZ430-F2013 and some EZ430-T2012 to play with. I have also built two strip board setups. One for the Dip version of the 2013 and one to plug the T2012's into. I also got some 32k xtals for the RT clock portion of the chip. I call the strip boards "Nigel goes to Texas".

The free give-away this year was an ez430-RF2500. Neat little devices. A complete, processor, rf chip and antenna all in one small board. Anyone wanting to do wireless data ought to look at them.

I am still learning the "in's and out's" of the processor and periphials.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back