Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple data logger with monitoring of a load on off time for 60 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojsoorya

Hi all
What about to a Simple data logger with monitoring of a load on off time for 60 days...

Any circuits or project??

Every electronics hobbyists may need this one....

Regards...

Log what ? Current / Voltage / Frequency / Digital IO ? Sample rate ? Hooked up to a PC, Network, GSM or autonomous with a memory card ?

Are you asking for a design or offering to build or share one ?

Hi

Are you asking for a design or offering to build or share one ?

I need to record a given time when a load ON and OFF. The exact time to be recorded with minimum components like RTC and Microcontroller.....

Any idea or project or link... If yes, please share....

Thank you...

I built something very similar using an Arduino nano and an RTC module with 4K flash on board. How many records will you need to store? Assuming 8 bytes per record, year, month, day, hour, minute, second, on/off, zero terminator then an 4K flask memory will store 512 records. That's ~8 per day for 60 days. I powered it from a USB socket.

Mike.
Edit, correction, the flash on board is 32k bits = 4k bytes, not 8.

Last edited:
I built something very similar using an Arduino nano and an RTC module with 8K flash on board. How many records will you need to store? Assuming 8 bytes per record, year, month, day, hour, minute, second, on/off, zero terminator then an 8K flask memory will store 1024 records. That's ~17 per day for 60 days. I powered it from a USB socket.

Mike.

Great....

How can i get the details as early as possible?? Any picture of the device???

What the formality to get all the files????

I just need only record the time when its ON in evening and when it OFF in morning..... Thats it...

Regards.....

There's a slight problem in that my data logger had an LCD attached which is my own version with my own library. How good are your programming skills and are you able to connect up I²C?

How will the logger know when to start/stop?
How will you get the data out of the logger?

Mike.

There's a slight problem in that my data logger had an LCD attached which is my own version with my own library. How good are your programming skills and are you able to connect up I²C?

How will the logger know when to start/stop?
How will you get the data out of the logger?

Mike.

Hi

I am 100 % confident to do programming of various chip. I have 20 year experience in chip burning, but not able to write a line of code....!!!

If you give the file, I can do it, I thik.

1. The logger has RTC with DS3231 and also LCD for display the stored data. The RTC time aslo can set with LCD.
2. LCD will shows the stored data.
3. If it standalone, it most preferable....

Can you post a picture of your version, please and where you use your logger for what purpose???

Regards

This is my logger,
Logger-front.png

It is used to monitor a still, it logs two temperatures every 10 minutes for graphing later. Unfortunately, it uses an I²C LCD which can't be purchased.
Here's a top view where you can just make out the CR2032 battery holder of the RTC module.
logger-top.png

The I²C backpack passes the I²C connections through to the other side to the RTC module.

If you were able to write code then I could give you the relevant routines for you to use but as you can't it would be too much work to modify this to work with other hardware. Sorry.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back