Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

250 watt grid tie inverter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate i got u...anyway thank you for your design its working....the issue is my input....thanks...and also i get voltage using my pin type tester on both terminals...but i know the neutral...the thing is why? In normal grid neutral dont have voltage appriciate if you could teach me a little on this...from your desgn? Thanks

Both terminal output secondary...177vac and when i put 2uf caps on the output its just suddenly stop working..turn no output, howerver when i take it out its working again the issue is its around 500hz...as per ur manual i have to do this to make it clean? Any suggestion please...do i need a fiter coil just like on old. Tv? Or something???thanks:(

Last edited:
The only way you should be getting a output frequency higher than your line frequency is if you are disconnecting everything from the line but leaving the power transformer output connected to the gate drive transformers while the input DC power is still actively applied of which I highly do not recommend doing.

It's a very quick and easy way to blow your switching devices to bits!

Grid tie inverters are not stand alone units and should never be ran as such.

As your odd output voltages go I have no idea where you are from and what system is used in your area so I can't say what is correct or not. In the US we us a center tapped 240 VAC feed to get two 120 VAC lines 180 degrees out of phase.

Im in dubai...220v live...0 neutral..and earth..frequency 50hz...just wonderin why when its out of the grid im getting voltage to the neutral of the secondary output which should be zero...but i have no issue when its in the grid..its becaome 50hz and a clean sine wave the square wave immediately turn to 49-50hz very clean...the only thing i wonder is the voltage on neutral using my pin type tester if..its ok or safe then maybe i just goin just to leav it like that..what u think

Last edited:
Also quick question how to determine that the inverter is feeding to grid if you dont mind sorry but im totally very little knowledge here? Sorry for that i hope this will not find hard for you to explain to me those things..i just need to learn :) And can share this to others...thanks

Without the secondaries being connected to anything on either end the voltage readings don't mean anything. It's just a floating voltage with no current behind it which a typical high impedance digital multimeter can pick up. Think of it as alternating current static.

As actual feedback goes you need some sort of wattmeter to tell you which way the power is going. I cover that fairly well in the other GTI threads on this site.

Ah..ok thanks for the info... Anyway..another question..mate the wattmeter where do i need to put from the output of the inverter or like i will get supply from normal grid then connected to watt meter where the load plus the grid tie is connected? Sorry for this question just...like a normal people of the world with little knowledge of all of this juz crazy enough to build this thing..to save atleast an electricity..which very high in our place....thanks mate

Last edited:
Correct me if i wrong mate i assume i will put it from the output of the grid tie...will it should not seeing taken from the grid but giving so my wattmeter will be zero or reversing...am i correct in here...or im in totally wrong place of question...willl please...dont be mad in all of this..just pretend that in just one of your student that wanted to learn in this ideas which very interesting...:sorry::( Kindly be more specific to me please...please:sorry:

Yes the whole point of the GTI system is to provide power from your side of the utility power meter so yes if the GTI unit is putting out more power than whatever else on your side of the meter is using it should move it backwards. ;)

And for the gti...:angelic::) Thank you so much the diagram..that is the only way i can give you....! I would suggest why you dont build a site and put you innovative design and build like this kind of forum and put way to donate... Atleast they can help you a little in a way specially for the parts is not come chip..i know youre an engineer and have work too but u know....!

Last edited:
I have little interest in doing a web site. It's just not my thing.

Mostly I just do these sort of things and put them out to the public to educate the average electronics enthusiast to the fact that power conversion from AE sources to standard home AC power is not that complicated or expensive on the contrary to what the big name manufactures claim and charge for their devices.

As far as the money goes I have enough now. ;)

Hah..what elligal mate...?? You can actually visit my place if you think...thre is something here...you can call police..if u think...

The self appointed forum safety police tend to get their undies bunched up way to tight about pirate GTI design that's all. :p

As a moderator Nigel is pretty good about letting this stuff be discussed in a fair and open manor as long as some degree of basic power electronics knowledge and concern for ones self is evident in whom ever is asking the questions.
From what I see in the pictures you have some degree of electronics and electrical sense being there is a O-scope being used. The dangerous ones tend to not have that sort of gear.

Me however I fully admit I am a sponsor of the Darwin awards and will always encourage as many clueless half wits as possible to participate in doing something that will get themselves nominated.

(For the overall betterment of humankind of course!) :D

What risk to others...i dont see the risk here...!!!...i dont think stupid will do this if they dont even know how to handle the soldering iron...and phasing...!!maybe ure juz a jealous person tryin to design but cant...juz mind of youre business mate..!!

Actually I assume everyone is competent and respectable until they prove other wise just the same as I assume that whatever anyone is doing is legal in their location.

Barbe be nice. I don't need this thread getting locked down because you got into a peeing match with a moderator.

Sorry mate...im just unhappy that someone is knock on ur door and complainin for no valid reason while....what u are doin here is just being a good samaritan to others...sorry for being rod...with others..!

The reason of this forum is to contribute,help and comunicate with othrs to help ..learn or esucate someone like me...!!! So please everyone..juz comment for something helpful...and productive and valid..! Than questioning of the safety of others..thats personal. Everybody have there own responsibility of ther selvs..and also tcm..made a note already...to make sure about ther safety and law. so please be consider...

Again im sorry guys...for being rod...:(:sorry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back