Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24V input to 24Voutput with 4-20mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisonic

hello everyone!!

I just need a help on how can i make a 24 volts input source to 24 volts output with 4-20mA output.
..do I need to use a current loop primer?..
..unfortunately I'm not familiar with this..

I am gladly appreciate if someone can provide me a diagram..

thank you for the help..and more power.

I have no idea what a "current loop primer" is.
I could take a guess, but I have never heared the expression before.

What you need is a constant current generator of some sort.

Have a look at the attachment, just using two components, an LM317 voltage regulator and a variable resistor, you can make a nice little constant current generator.
To calculate the required resistance:

resistance = 1.25/current

Note that the output voltage will not be fixed at 24v, but will vary depending on the load resistance and the current flowing.

Does that help?

Jimb

I think the o/p wants something that will generate a 4-20ma signal such as used in industrial instrumentation.
You can do it with an op-amp, a volatge to current source circuit, with an offset input to set the zero at 4mA.

Heres an interesting link, with a test circuit for 4-20ma.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Heres an interesting link, with a test circuit for 4-20ma.

**broken link removed**

Long time I do not run across of such a clear explanation. Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back