Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220V AC Power Stablizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi you all :D , well i have a machine that has a big transformer and the primary (input of the transformer) is controled by a power dimmer (with a Triac) and the secondary is in short circuit to heat a little piece of iron, well, and i have a small problem :wink: when other devices in the same power line are setted on they generate high peaks that in efect with the transformer's capacity, it generates even bigger peaks due to the transformer's discharge and that is burning a small protection fuse in the device in question, so what i need is a 220V AC Power Stablizer for some power i'd say some 1Kw, well, if you have such circuit schematic or solution or doubt :) , just say :D .

Bye, i hope you know hot to help me :D
Cheers !! 8)

i have a machine that has a big transformer and the primary (input of the transformer) is controled by a power dimmer (with a Triac) and the secondary is in short circuit to heat a little piece of iron,

So, I'm guessing this machine is a spot welder, is this correct?

Hi, :D , no it's not a spot welder but it's working is the but same instead of discharging the power to criate the spot (the machine's idea is a little strange :D :D but i didn't invent it :p ) the machine (my inglish is school inglish i don't have much experiênce in mechanical or electronical inglish, perhaps that is ower wall :D :D ) tha machine transformer and the heater :

Trans. Steel Wire (It heats while in power)
---------\
B||B--------/ |
B||B--------\ |
---------/

Remember those old soldering pistols that have a small wire tip ???
Its the same work but with manny more watts, thats why the transformer is so big :D . Well i hope you can understand now my problem.

:D A huge hugh, be cool 8) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back