Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20 Watt Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
This IC chip was designed specifically for use in power boosting applications in automobiles. It is self protecting against short circuits and thermal problems.In the bridge configuration shown it will deliver 20 watts of power into a 2 ohm speaker operating at 14.4 volts.

amplifier.gif

dustinpruente said:
is there a way to step up the output, i would like to get it to around 250 watts

no way!!!

you cant get any more power on that IC

its characteristic is the same as LM2005T

20 watts bridge connection

for a 250 watts, you can only attain this power by using higher supply voltage such as +/-35 volts

:)

dustinpruente said:
is there a way to step up the output, i would like to get it to around 250 watts
Oh I think we can squeeze 250 watts out of that circuit.... say IHF ratings at 1kc. for 1 microsecond.

URGENT :Do I use it for 5 watt RMS Power Amp

can I use this circuit for 5 watt RMS Power audio Amplifier with low distortion.....if yes plz reply the require changes.....it's urgent for me....

plz

urgently

prakash_ee said:
can I use this circuit for 5 watt RMS Power audio Amplifier with low distortion.....if yes plz reply the require changes.....it's urgent for me....
The TDA2005 isn't a hi-fi amp, it is a car radio amp. Its distortion is typically 0.3% (1% max) as a 2-channel stereo amp, up to 6W RMS per channel into 2 ohm speakers and a 14.4V supply.
If you want very low distortion then use a hi-fi amp IC. They need a supply voltage much higher than a car battery and drive 8 ohm speakers.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

hello guys i need a 200 watt audio amplifier for my major project,
i need a stable and working ckt which looks a big project plz try to help me

Here is the list of ic's. little old but ok.
Now new development r class D based & not suitable for newbies.

Attachments

• audio.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 913
How far would I need to drive to buy old low power Russian amplifier ICs?? About 20,000km?

High End Audio Amplifier

Is there anyone interest with creating new Hi-End Audio Amplifier thread?
I've initiate it, but I've no access to do it.

I'll help to start it with my 7th version K32 that been fixed in dec2005.
And also analyze old halcro schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back