Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F628 thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Janis...
Now I have all displays connected perfectly.

But I only have any result if I disconnect the pin 1 in PIC. If I turn on with this connection, the circuit won´t start. If I release the pin 1, we have:

1 - Can see the temperature right, it will blink 8 times.
2 - Can see: "00(fixed)00(blinking)".
3 - Ground the pin 6 and release.
4 - Can see: "00(blinking)00(fixed)".
5 - Ground the pin 6 and release.
6 - Can see: "0000(fixed)" for 20 seconds and start a cycle with temperature.

If I ground the pin 6, two right digits (minutes) starts to blink.

If I release the ground in pin 6 and ground pin 8 (increase), the minutes digits starts to blink faster, without increment.

If I release the ground in pin 8 and ground pin 6 (setup), the hours digits start to blink.

If I release the ground in pin 6 and ground pin 8 (increase), the hours digits starts to blink faster, without increment.

If I release the ground in pin 8 and ground pin 6 (setup), we have the "0000" fixed and back to 20 seconds cycle with temperature.

I try to put 4.8K in pin 4, but notting happends.

The only connection missing is with pin 10, I think that isn´t necessary to the clock work.

Maybe is only a detail to get the clock running... But I can´t find it.

Thanks.

Done!

Googling for information an examples about the DS1307, all examples uses 10K resistor in pins 5 and 6 of RTC.... I change this and connect a battery! The clock is fine!

Thanks!

Done!

Googling for information an examples about the DS1307, all examples uses 10K resistor in pins 5 and 6 of RTC.... I change this and connect a battery! The clock is fine!

Thanks!
I am thinking about quartz connection, right grounding to the DS1307 chip.

Best regards!
Janis

Thanks Janis...

Now I want do find a project with PIC, DS1307, DS1820 that can show: day, month, year, hr, mm, sec and temperature like 2 8. 1 0 'c. (local temp now, brazil).

If somebody know about a project like, let me know.

Best!

Rafael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back