Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vDC simpe strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wangknut

Hello. I am new to this forum and electronics, but I am looking to make a very simple 12vDC variable strobe. I am hoping to make it so it flashes around the speed of 5Hz to 25Hz, but I am truly new at this. Does anyone know where I can find very simple schem.s on how to so this?

Thanx in advance!!!!!!

Where abouts do you live? If you are in the US, maybe canada too? You can pick us a cheepo strobe unit from Autozone for like 10 bucks (the strobes are supposed to be mounted in your headlights of your car, but you can put them anywhere). It's adjustable, and fairly bright too.

WOw, i didnt even think about that, and its already built too! I am in PA..

Thank you, I will check that out..

I almost looking into this site **broken link removed**

but he looks a little crooked,

THANX!!

You can get most schematics for free if you search long enough. That site looks pretty shady.

Whereabouts in PA are ya?

Setup a 555 as a astable adjustible multivibrator, use a 5-12volt DC relay to turn off and on using the clock pulse.

Isolates the light on one side usually normally closed side on the relay, run the positive supply lead to the active or hot switch and the negitive supply to the one of the lights leads the other will goto the otherside side of the relay.

Of course this can be improved for protection and operation of the 555, by using the 5volt pulse to drive the base of a BJT transistor to form a pulsing switch which then would drive the relay. This way would allow you to buffer between 5 volts and say 10 volts to drive the relay.

There is a Good 12 volt Strobe Circuit on my site:

**broken link removed**

Take care...........Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back