Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disable the strobe on a 25w led strobe circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny121

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me turn this strobe light into a on off light, keeping the RGB control etc. Not too worried about the sound activation. Pics attached.

Attachments

• 20200418_195721.jpg
    20200418_195721.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 139
  • 20200418_195749.jpg
    20200418_195749.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
I would imagine it's probably all done in software?.

How bright is the strobe? - assuming the idea is for it to be as bright as possible it probably pulses the LED's with far higher current than they can stand continuously.

Looks like the round thing is a mic, if so the chip between the pots is probabyl a quad op amp, and one of them will be a comparator and a amplifier, the comparator probably enables the 8 pin power supply chip and flashed the light.
You'd need to draw out the schem in a readable manner and work out whats going on.
As nige says constantly on the light would need to be a lot dimmer, as the average power is much higher.
If you not electronic savvy it might be a better idea to buy an led driver off ebay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back