Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12VDC ATV spreader speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

searlest

Hello I have what i hope to be a easy question

I have a Herd spreader attached to my ATV the goal is to make the 12VDC 6 Amp 2 wire brushless motor speed adjustable

I am confused about what kind of speed controller i need for the brushless motor ?? Please help

here is a link to the motor I have

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.
Your motor looks like a dc brushed motor not a brushless.
A brushless has 3 wires, brushed usually 2 wires.
You can get speed controllers for both types off ebay, brushless however tend to run at high revs, as a popular application for them is model aircraft.

A brushless has 3 wires
Some do, but some have only 2 wires and internal commutation circuitry.
Speed control of a 2-wire brushless motor using a typical ebay controller may not work well if PWM of the controller conflicts with the internal commutation. Might be worth contacting the motor manufacturer for their advice on speed control.

Last edited:
Yes your right MrT I hadnt thought of that, an internal controller would make things difficult for the o/p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back