12 volt DC Single Use Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripperM

Hi!

I know that the circuit I'm looking to build is simple, but I have not been able to make anything work yet.

I'm looking for a way to set up a momentary push button switch so that it connects to ground when pressed once, then disconnects once it sees 12v+, only to be activated again by pressing the switch. I'm thinking that I will need to use a latching relay (or multiple relays) to make it work. Any idea on how I would do this?

Thanks! Helps a lot to know the proper name for the circuit! We're you referring to a specifc diagram? That link goes to the google search results. I'm assuming both are latching relays?

I'm looking for a way to set up a momentary push button switch so that it connects to ground when pressed once, then disconnects once it sees 12v+, only to be activated again by pressing the switch.
Sorry but I don't really understand what you are asking.
What is "it" that disconnects when it sees 12v+?
Where is the 12V+ coming from?

Sorry but I don't really understand what you are asking.
What is "it" that disconnects when it sees 12v+?
Where is the 12V+ coming from?

My apologies. "it" is the ground lead to the remote starter in my truck. I want the circuit to be open unless I press the momentary (set) switch. Instead of having another momentary switch for the reset function, I want it to be triggered by a relay. What triggers that relay, I am still trying to figure out. Basically, I only want the truck to be able to be started by the remote one time, then have the circuit go back to open until I push the button again.

So I bought this locking relay, and am planning to figure out a way to wire in a standard SPDT 12v relay to trigger the reset. My thoughts so far are to have that relay triggered by a turn signal, or wiring up a timed relay to pulse after the truck has been on for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…