12 volt 2 Hz Pulsing on/off Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphic

I am working on a piece of animations for Halloween. I am using a 12 volt linear actuator and controller to make a huge pumpkins mouth open and close. Everything is working fine and dandy but I need to feed a 2 Hz on/off signal into one of the control circuits to make the controller cycle from one position to the other. (2 Hz is the fastest I would need to change direction, direction does not change until position one or two is reached so this will work for all position settings)

Sounds complicated but I do know this will work with this controller, I tested it with a simple push button circuit.

I am using a 12volt 10 amp source. The output needs to be 12 volt but the amperage can be low. I remember from way back in physics class that a simple light flashing circuit can be made using a resistor and a capacitor and I thought something similar might work although I have no idea how to do it any more.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I'm great with out of the box controllers but I'm a complete electronics amateur.

A **broken link removed** set up to have near a 50% duty cycle.

Start with R1=1500 Ω, R2=1meg Ω, C1=0.36 uF

Don't overlook that you have to **broken link removed**.

Last edited:
:O Perfect. Thank you very much. So simple even a mechanical engineer like me can understand it.

Cheers,

Have you considered using an auto flasher as your pulse source? Feeding a fused supply line to one or two flashers, then connecting the lamps to the flashers would give variable lighting effects. Since the flashers are ready-made and commonly available, your project is simplified and your pumpkin(s) will have a life of their own. Three or more flashers wired in this manner may give a candlelight effect inside the pumpkin(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…