Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt 2 Hz Pulsing on/off Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphic

I am working on a piece of animations for Halloween. I am using a 12 volt linear actuator and controller to make a huge pumpkins mouth open and close. Everything is working fine and dandy but I need to feed a 2 Hz on/off signal into one of the control circuits to make the controller cycle from one position to the other. (2 Hz is the fastest I would need to change direction, direction does not change until position one or two is reached so this will work for all position settings)

Sounds complicated but I do know this will work with this controller, I tested it with a simple push button circuit.

I am using a 12volt 10 amp source. The output needs to be 12 volt but the amperage can be low. I remember from way back in physics class that a simple light flashing circuit can be made using a resistor and a capacitor and I thought something similar might work although I have no idea how to do it any more.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I'm great with out of the box controllers but I'm a complete electronics amateur.

A **broken link removed** set up to have near a 50% duty cycle.

Start with R1=1500 Ω, R2=1meg Ω, C1=0.36 uF

Don't overlook that you have to **broken link removed**.

Last edited:
:O Perfect. Thank you very much. So simple even a mechanical engineer like me can understand it.

Cheers,

Have you considered using an auto flasher as your pulse source? Feeding a fused supply line to one or two flashers, then connecting the lamps to the flashers would give variable lighting effects. Since the flashers are ready-made and commonly available, your project is simplified and your pumpkin(s) will have a life of their own. Three or more flashers wired in this manner may give a candlelight effect inside the pumpkin(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back