Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 MHz Square wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

robetere

Hello, I want to generate a 1 MHz Square wave that outputs at 10V pk-pk.

I don't know that much about oscillators, I have made a wein-bridge sine wave oscillator before but it was at a lot lower frequency and used an op amp.

I was wondering if it would be better to use a crystal instead as I would need an Op Amp with a fast slew rate also if I used a crystal how it would fit into the circuit.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

An oscillator driving an inverter at 5V will produce a 10v pk-pk signal between input and output. You could even do it with a pic chip running at 8MHz.

Mike.

Unless you need the accuracy a crystal provides a simple but reliable oscillator can be built with just a CMOS Schmitt inverter, one R and one C. The 4000 series CMOS chips can run at 10V.

Alec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back