Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0.5T Magnetic Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpj

Hi!!!!

In one of my project I need to sense the magnetic feild of 0.5T.
As the magnetic feild aroud my device cgoes beyond 0.5Tesla ( 1 = 10000 Guass ) the micro controller should set a flag and do some other tasks.

Is there any chip which senses such high magnetic feild???

I have hal effect sensor A3212 Allegr part which is a magnetic flux switch but having very less switching flux level ( around 50 Guass )

Can someone suggest me better method to sense magnetic feild of 0.5Tesla
There is something called flux gate but its a ittle costly and complex solution for me.

what's creating the field?

You might want to call or email Allegro for a possible solution.

Ken

0.5t

Magnetic feild is gettring generarated by permanant magnet.
Allegro wont able to help as I am already in touch with for this perticual problem set. they have hall sensors like A3212 but all are switchs max upto 75 guas. 1T= 10000 Guass and I need a hall effect switch of 5000 Guass.
Allegro dont have a sensor like this.
I am tring with the REED switch from OKI with the metal sheild for this.
Still working;
Kindly let me know if anyone have some cost effective idea.

Warm regards.
Deepak

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back