Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What transistor to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to that myself. Sadly my job isn't nearly as interesting or mentally challenging as yours. I'm a mental health therapist :nailbiting:

I'm sure they must have a website, it's a company that I think makes electronics for law enforcement, Rockwell Collins or some such. Of course we're getting it second hand from the sheriff's department.

I will definitely take some measurements as soon as I can and will run down the information you've pointed out.

Many thanks!

A lot of people underrate their their jobs and talents. Although being a a design engineer may sound very interesting, as the saying goes, its 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration and, as you move up the management tree, even the 1% disappears.

One day I was sitting in my office doing another long document that no one would read and I thought to hell with this. After checking my pension was OK, I gave notice there and then. Instead of having to work three months notice I was free in a month.

Sometimes I dream that I am at a meaningless meeting or that that I have to be up at six in the morning to drive to work, only to wake and realise that it had only been a dream.

About three years after I left (not because of) the management finally excelled themselves and closed the site- a sad end to a once great division.

Now I have a free hand and have done many of the things that I had always planned to do.:cool:

spec

It was said that the receiver is powered from one AG3 battery cell. It has a capacity of only 35mAh because it is a tiny button alkaline cell. Its load is usually only 0.083mA. I doubt that the receiver current is that low.
It was said that the LED is a "leading light" so I guess it is up high and guides the rescuers to its location. It is IR and it flashes. I doubt that it uses a current as high as 9-10A.
Does the receiver cause it to flash or is a flashing circuit needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back