Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What ICs are useful to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote attributed to Thomas Edison: To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.

Fortunately with electronics you can keep the pile of junk relatively manageable.

A quote attributed to Thomas Edison: To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.

Fortunately with electronics you can keep the pile of junk relatively manageable.

Well quoted and appreciate the spirit behind the pile.

74HC595's by what I hear are crazy good.

Every week I’m going 3 or 4 times to electronics stores to buy parts.

I felt within the past few years I’m doing this way continuously & it never stops how much parts do you have in your house isn’t enough.

Day by day creating new projects & needs more parts I don’t know when will this stops. All my earned money spending to these parts.

Every week I’m going 3 or 4 times to electronics stores to buy parts.

I felt within the past few years I’m doing this way continuously & it never stops how much parts do you have in your house isn’t enough.

Day by day creating new projects & needs more parts I don’t know when will this stops. All my earned money spending to these parts.

" Hello, my name is Brian and I'm an Electronicoholic. I constantly buy new component parts for projects I'll never start, much less finish....":pLOL

Actually a lot of us suffer from this. My opinion regarding component parts is "It is better to have and not need than needing and not having"

One way to get an idea of which chips to buy would be to pick 10, or so, projects you want to make over the next year, and buying the components that the projects require.

The ability to get parts quickly reduces the urge to stock up on most stuff. That lets me spend my money on the parts I want instead of what I think I may need.

If a supplier ships the same day and you are within a few hundred miles UPS ground can be as fast as next day at a fraction of the price.

Mouser fills and ships most orders the same day you enter them. My orders come the next day when shipped UPS ground. If I have it shipped to school I save a buck or two on shipping (commerical address). Digikey and Newark may provide similar service.

As mentioned earlier there are parts I do stock up on. If you order these prior to running out delivery time is not an issue. For these Futurelec is the first place I look for the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back