Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key is the units.

That's what clued me in that you weren't talking about speed, but data limits. I didn't think of that until after I wrote what I did about speed.

I think my error is forgivable, considering the title of this thread, don't you? ;)

That's what clued me in that you weren't talking about speed, but data limits. I didn't think of that until after I wrote what I did about speed.

I think my error is forgivable, considering the title of this thread, don't you? ;)

We know about these things, but wait till they begin charging for the Internet too! Most customers don't get it and all the charges they pay.

They are oblivious , (Data + Speed = More Money to charge) They eventually will own a good percentage of our Paycheck.

Last edited:
i've spent some time trying it with different servers but it wasn't easy so i can get better
ping times and up/down speeds my ISP is well known in my country, i pay 53 Eur (USD 71)
every two months for the standard internet speed (2Mbps) which also includes 240' free
telephone calls to land lines and 30' free to mobile phones.

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 245
Wow, I just tested again last night and everything was blazing fast!

2479551306.png

I've never seen those numbers on my internet test before!

Did you ever have dial-up?:rolleyes:
19 years ago my first computer came with a 14kb modem that produced about 12kbps. Later I got a blindingly fast 57kb modem that produced about 30kbps.

19 years ago my first computer came with a 14kb modem that produced about 12kbps. Later I got a blindingly fast 57kb modem that produced about 30kbps.

So you were a very latecomer to computers :D

My first modem was 300baud, and it wasn't on my first computer - in fact I'm not quite sure which one it was on? (but it was pre-IBM PC's).

I checked my Internet speed at Scanmyspeed.com
My Results are
Download speed-25.057Mbps
Upload speed-6.647Mbps.
Is this good or not?

I got 31Mbps down and 39Mbps up.. and my connection is free.. actually in finland the law says that everybody has to have internet access.

I used to play "red alert" with a friend and sometimes his mother answered the phone when I was dialing in for a multiplay.. it sounded funny.

I forgot.
I could use the internet only between phone calls. My son and daughter used the phone a lot. I can't remember when they got their own cell phones. They also used the computer a lot.

Here, local phone calls are free. Today I pay $43.50CAN per month for my "slow" cable internet plus rental of the cable modem.
I get a discount because I also have cable TV and I signed up for 2 years.
They would not give me a seniors discount that I get almost everywhere else.

So you were a very latecomer to computers :D

My first modem was 300baud, and it wasn't on my first computer - in fact I'm not quite sure which one it was on? (but it was pre-IBM PC's).

I used to sell acoustically coupled modems at Tandy - they worked at 300bps ..... you'd put the handset on them after dialling the number.

I used to sell acoustically coupled modems at Tandy - they worked at 300bps ..... you'd put the handset on them after dialling the number.

Mine plugged in, I built it from a Maplin kit.

I imagine I've still got it 'somewhere' :D I don't recall ever throwing it away.

Next model was a commercial 1200 baud one.

New Modem, I haven't checked to see what my results were from the last test.

2551097163.png

Edit: This was the last one, before we up graded.

View attachment 70206

My wife got a job at our local phone company as the map drafter for the new fiber optic systems they are installing her this summer.
As an employee we can get the top end internet/TV/phone connection package for next to nothing.

If I am reading her spec sheets right some time this summer/fall we should be getting 100 - 150 MBps connection which will blow our present basic DSl speed of (26 MS ping, 920 KBps down, 328 KBps up) rates all to bits. :p

Except windows can't handle it without some tweeks. When I had my laptop at work running XP, I had to tweek Windows.

And then what if your not in the installation zone? Verizon FIOS isn't in our neighborhood yet. I
'm getting about half of what I'm supposed to from Verizon. Seems like they don;t want to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back