Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help- mosquito racket repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
takne, buy a stun gun.

i live in India.
I have tested the transistor using digital multimeter in diode testing position. voltage between emitter and base is 1.05v and between collector and base is 0.65v. what does it mean that the transistor is bad?
perhaps the power you spent for using pc and internet would be more than cost of item.

Instead of converting a circuit to stungun, better understand the concept and design one. at least you would learn. if i were to be in your position, i would trace the circuit and post a schematic by now.

These stupid Rackets are sold here in North America for about 5 dollars or less...any components inside would probibly cost more than that...if you could find them.

A far as human use, I brought one to work last year and would tap it against bare skin of my c0-workers...and it gave a good shock....not nearly enough to stun....but enough to piss someone off (tee hee,Im such a Jackass)
There is absolutely no way that the itty bitty, tiny little transformer and 1 transistor is gonna drive anything like a voltage multiplier.

Arnt things bad enough in India as it is , without some dipshit in a loincloth running around shocking people?...and no matter what you do, dont try bringing a stungun into North America...you will find yourself in a very small cement room with a large black man named Bubba (NOT Buddah) who insists on placing strange things into your Buttocks, and dressing you up to look like one of the women in "Slumdog Millionaire".

The funniest thing about this is that mine has a sticker on it saying that it is made in India!

Last edited:
maybe instead of figuring out how the hell a Zapper works, you could figure out how to install proper Toilets,i nstead of a hole in the floor of as shed, and how to install sewage lines that have a wider diameter than my baby finger....its all about priorities man!

In addition to larvacide in the ponds, you need to dig drainage trenches in marsh areas so they drain better with the rise and fall of the tides.

The guys in the video were stunned before they got a small zap from the electric mosquito racket.

You got one of the good ones =)

Those hand swatter zappers are quite ineffective. Often the bug is crippled physically from the smack of the swatter before the voltage part of it can even hope to be effective!

If they'd get the cow, donkey, and monkey excrement off the roads and walkways, there'd be less insect infestation. Taking baths regularly in clean water, using soap, will help deter insect bites. Mosquitos are particularly attracted to human sweat and the contrasting shades of dark skin complexion and light colored clothing often worn by middle easterners. That's a fact. Bad for them, good for the West.

Those hand swatter zappers are quite ineffective. Often the bug is crippled physically from the smack of the swatter before the voltage part of it can even hope to be effective!

If they'd get the cow, donkey, and monkey excrement off the roads and walkways, there'd be less insect infestation. Taking baths regularly in clean water, using soap, will help deter insect bites. Mosquitos are particularly attracted to human sweat and the contrasting shades of dark skin complexion and light colored clothing often worn by middle easterners. That's a fact. Bad for them, good for the West.
What a finding!! it may be more apt to feel that they come for their food ( human blood), rather than sweat. can you please indicate the source of study paper where the mosquitos are said to be attracted to middle easterners!! Imagine the completely closed air conditioned accommodations of West and Americas to suite their local weather, and the tropical homes of east where ventilation is need of the areas and power demands put a restriction on use of air conditioning.
Lower temperatures also help cold countries to limit the mosquito breeding.

yes
We may say bad for tropical and good for colder areas.

Sarma, temperature plays a major role as what you've just said. Middle east climate is best for mosquito breeding. But I agree that these creatures are coming for human blood regardless of the type of the person or his external appearance. They tend to attack severely during dark!

The Mosquitoes cannot smell blood unless you are bleeding. They smell your sweat, especially if you do not wash regularily.
They are also attracted to the CO from your breath or from a propane mosquito attracting gadget.

mvs sarma,

As Audio Guru mentioned they are first attracted far off by human sweat phermones and carbon dioxide emission. They visually are attracted to contrasting colors, especially the black and white stripes of a mosquito trap or similarly, the dark complexioned person wearing white or lightly colored clothing as is often the case of Africans and Easterners. Thirdly is movement of the victim. A stationary person is less likely to get bitten than a moving one. This past weekend, I watched a program on the very subject and on mosquito deterrence using technology. Cold climates may be tough on humans but it helps to quell over-breeding of many insects.

Here in America, we have public education on the avoidance of attracting mosquitos and other pest insetcs. We reduce or remove the conditions that help to breed insect colonies. The idea is not to eliminate all dangerous insects since they are needed as a food source for other living things. However, the goal is to reduce their contact with humans and certain animals for health reasons.

My government got rid of all the mosquitoes, then the bats starved and are also gone. I don't know which animal eats bats, not me.

I'm sure Canada still has its share of mosquitos. And bats live off of more than just mosquitos. Their only competition for food sources is from purple martins. Martins are more active in early daylight and afternoon, early eves. Bats are early eve. and thru the night. Bats are our friends despite their ugliness.

We've probivly lost the original OP about 10 postings ago. Im pretty certain that 99.9% of the people that purchase these units use them in the way that I did, touching the bald heads, arms and hands of co-workers...giving them a shock. After that got boring, I took the guts out, and placed them in a unused cordless mouse, with the 2 wires on either side of the mouse body....got about 50 people with that one.

Remember...the original OP just wanted to make a stun gun with his racket...trying to load it down with diode bridges to beef up the output.
Ive always worked under the theory that states" why stun em...when you can annoy 'em to death??"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back