Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Knight Star Roamer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc2

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if anyone can help. I'm looking for the build manual for the Knight Star Roamer II solid state radio. I found one at a flea market for $10.00 and it does not work. Looks like it may have a dead transformer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. JC

I don't have a manual, and I'm no radio expert, but what makes you think the transformer may be dead? Did you test it with a meter? What have you established so far?

The o/p does say that it's solid state though.

Star Roamer II

thanks for the replies . . . yes I did test with a meter and found a broken solder connection on the primary side of the transformer. Made the fix and now found the volume/off switch not working. It will not turn at all so I located and ordered a comparable replacement. I'm still trying to locate the manual for this solid state version. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again. JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back