Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lestronic II 7850

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
Need some information on a battery charger for an electric golf cart.

Lestronic II Model #7850, Type 36LC25-8ET

I've spent half a day messing with this thing, and kind of need a service manual. Google shows mostly sites selling parts (expensive!), but nothing useful. I bypassed the control circuit, as I don't have 36 volts worth of batteries to hookup to test. The transformer hums, but only get about 2 volts on the output plug. Pulled the rectifier diodes, they test good.

Anyway, not too sure where to go from here. Guessing they are so simple, no manual is needed, but would hate to just give up on it. Don't want to spend $300 on a replacement transformer if it isn't needed. Might just be cheaper to buy a new charger.

Should mention, my brother dumped this off on me earlier today, picked up the golf cart, the charger, and a few other things cheap. Wants to ride around his neighborhood in it when his dog runs off.

Found the owners manual. I attached it, and a capture of the schematicand parts list. Better then nothing, but mostly they don't want people messing around inside... Not really a service type manual.

Attachments

• Lester01.jpg
    Lester01.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 7,335
  • Lester02.jpg
    Lester02.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 2,365
  • 00870_E.pdf
    157.1 KB · Views: 5,717
Necrobump... but useful info that helped me fix a charger. The Schematic was the key.

Plugged it in, hummed and had 40V at the charge plug even when NOT plugged to cart.
Charger DID 'click' when plugged into cart, and not plugged into wall.
Charger DID charge when connected to both 110V and cart, but would not shut off.

Relay showed continuity whether energized or not. Turned out the contacts in the relay had fused together, allowing 110v to flow to transformer whenever unit was connected to 110v. Took relay out, and gave a sharp tap with a small screwdriver to the case. No longer had continuity, and charger worked normally.

Gonna get a new relay, but for the time being, charger works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back