Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black Star 2308 Datalogger info wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechie

Anybody got any info on the Black Star 2308 I/O Interface,
this is maybe mid-90s test gear to provide :-

8 analogue inputs
4 analogue outputs
8 digital inputs
8 digital outputs (via relays)
RS232 connection to host computer

I am hoping to find communication protocol, scans of manuals, software, anything ?
Any info gratefully recieved ... thanks :wink:

Blackstar 2308

Hi,
At the moment I am unable to supply information on this device - however, I also own one and would very much like a user manual for it.
If you have any luck before I do, I wonder if you would let me know.
I will do likewise.
Cheers,
Dave

PS: Re the 2308 - I used one for several years at work on a number of projects. I may still have the QuickBasic listings, though I would still like to come across the manual! If I find those I'll also let you know.
Cheers,
Dave

BlackStar 2308 Interface

Hi Nigel,
I have to admit I'm clutching at straws. This is a very useful piece of kit - you can see the spec from Mechie's entry - but has been obsolete for over ten years. I'm sure that somewhere out there somebody has a user manual!

Cheers,
Dave

The link provided in this post is not properly working anymore, so I wonder if anyone here still got the file it was supposed to direct to.

I have this datalogger, and I have more or less no information on it. I have tried to disassemble the firmware, so I have a list of valid commands, but I only know what a handfull of them does.

I have tried to comunicate with it, and it does send the string "READY" when started. Then nothing happens, except that the status led keeps blinking. It won't reply if I try to send commands to it, but this may have many causes (wrong settings of the terminal emulator, etc..).

I would be very happy if anyone still got a scan of the manual for it.

Just re-uploaded it, hopefully this link should continue to work for a while.

**broken link removed**

I posted a new link to this file a few days ago now, but apparently because I'm a new member my post has to be checked by a moderator. Hopefully they'll get round to checking it soon...

I posted a new link to this file a few days ago now, but apparently because I'm a new member my post has to be checked by a moderator. Hopefully they'll get round to checking it soon...

Apparently this seems to happen only with the first 3 posts and only if they contain links or emails. Perhaps if you try to only post the updated "?sharekey=..." part of the URL (if it's still on mediafire), or you could always try to obscure the link to such degrees so that it's not recognized as a link...

Sorry, I'm at work at the moment and our web filter blocks all file sharing websites, so I can't look up my link! I'll sort this out for you when I get home this evening.

Thanks a lot.

BTW, there is an undocumented command named "MON" in the firmware (V1.1) of my 2308. This will open a simple 6802 monitor used for debugging purposes, where you can poke your own programs into RAM and run them. To return to normal operation, send the command of "Q" (not listed in the list of monitor command screen). To get the list of monitor commands, send the "H" command. When operating the monitor, don't send CRs to terminate the commands.

Last edited:
I've still got the PDF, but once again I'm at work and I'm unable to reupload the file right now. I'll do it this evening and let you know the link. Wonder why nobody keeps the manuals, these things are pretty useless without one!

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

I'm considering to write a simple software for the 2308, it would be nice to have a GUI. Perhaps the developers of sigrok(<mod edit: link removed>) could be persuaded to add it to their library...

Last edited by a moderator:
Athough I have no personal interest in the Black Star 2308...

rf45 you are a STAR for helping people out who need the manual for this thing!
You have earned a bacon sandwich for that!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back