Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with wiring of relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

boddingtonsbob

can anyone please advise how to wire a couple of relays with a standard push button switch, to allow a thermostatic controller, when reaching a certain temperature, to send an input to the relay(s) and thus tripping the switch off. The key thing I want to achieve is that the switch/button switches off when sensing the 240v from the heat controller and stays off until manually re-set. cheers

thanks for reply. the thermostatic controller is a digital TC-10 temperature controller, that will be pre-set at a maximum temperature parameter. If and when that temperature is reached, i want the controller to cause the switch to trip, and stay off, and not to switch back on when temperature falls. i need the system to be manually started every time because of the temperature settings.

thanks for reply. the thermostatic controller is a digital TC-10 temperature controller, that will be pre-set at a maximum temperature parameter. If and when that temperature is reached, i want the controller to cause the switch to trip, and stay off, and not to switch back on when temperature falls. i need the system to be manually started every time because of the temperature settings.

OK, so what you want is an overtemperature relay latching circuit. When the temperature exceeds a set point you likely want to open a main contactor to the heaters and have that latched open until a manual reset is applied. The basic start would look like the attached relay latching circuit but the N/O PB would be replaced with your thermostst overtemp switch. The PB could be left in as a test PB also. The NC PB resets the circuit once it is latched.

Additionally besides pins 1 & 3 relay K1 has other sets of DPDT contacts that can be used.

Ron

Attachments

• Relay Latch.jpg
    Relay Latch.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back