Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help wiring a 3 prong solenoid valve with a solid-state relay

alborg

Hello,

I am fairly new to electronics and I needed some advice with a project I am working on.

1690294866238.png

The image above is the wiring diagram of the setup. The 9V battery is not correct, instead the power supply is a Triad switching mode power supply that outputs 24V. The resistors are 10000 ohms if that's useful. The relay is a DO061B solid state relay. I am trying to actuate a two way solenoid valve that requires 24V. This is an older project that I am continuing to work on, so I am assuming the blue and green wires on the left connect to the solenoid but when I tried measuring the voltage across them it gave me 1.4 V (same across the red LED). I haven't written a script to actuate the solenoid on command through the Pi or anything yet, I am just trying to get the setup to work first. I am a bit confused how exactly the relay should be connected to the valve that has three prongs. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing.

Hello,
. I am a bit confused how exactly the relay should be connected to the valve that has three prongs. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing.
A few details on the actual valve would help?
You require the SSR to switch the 24vdc that the valve requires.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but the valve in the link is a 'proportional' one whereas an SSR provides on/off control. Do you want the valve to be just fully on or fully off (i.e. used in a non-proportional way)?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but the valve in the link is a 'proportional' one whereas an SSR provides on/off control. Do you want the valve to be just fully on or fully off (i.e. used in a non-proportional way)?
Sorry earlier I wasn't able to find a link with the exact solenoid I have, I found a better one: https://www.pneumatic-equipments.co...s_6_3w_50_60hz_mp_c_165_din43650-7598138.html
I am not sure if this is a proportional one, but yes I want my valve to be fully on or off.

The item in that link seems to be just the solenoid coil, not the whole valve?

Typically, the two parallel blades on the solenoid are the power connections & the third is a ground connection, if needed.

These are examples of the connectors used with such valves, slimline (DIN 43650B) and full size:

1690309985931.png

din%20plug%20wiring.JPG

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back