Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed to silence the beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiet roit

I humbley seek expertise for a device or method to silence my neighbors music. They play rap CDs inside their polebarn so loud that the walls in my house shake and rattle. All night long the thumping bass sound blows right through my walls. Is there some sort of jamming signal or power interrupter I can generate? I will spare no expense to purchase or construct a means to silence this beast. Any and all help is appreciated.

Not that is going to be legal or even practical. I'd take matters up with the police if its all hours of the night.

I can'r think of any mostly legal device. You would need to commit a more serious crime if you don't wish to call the police yourself. Most of the time, where you hear cRAP, you'll find crack or other illegal drugs. Even if the cops know about the noise, they usually drag their heels putting an end to it. They hope to catch the dealers, users are a waste of their precious time anymore. Only way to get some police action is a flood of calls by you and the neighbors. The police have more important things to do at the doughnut shop...

Yeah, I know you are pissed and frustrated, this topic comes up frequently, and is international. There really is no magic device you could build or use safely, to target a single stereo.

Study up on your local noise ordinance, try to gather evidence of drugs or other illegal activities. You have to use the law, or the law will come and get you. Use to be you could make your opinion known with a baseball bat, now you'd go to jail and get sued...

The police have been zero help. I have tried reasoning with these morons to no avail. Now I must do what any Red Blooded American should be able to do. If the law must be side stepped, so be it. I will take my chances. I am not out for revenge or to hurt someone, just some deserved peace. So legal or not, please submit any solution to jam the sound. Thanx

Electromagnetic bomb
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
An electromagnetic bomb or E-bomb is a weapon designed to disable electronics on a wide scale with an electromagnetic pulse. The electromagnetic radiation from an explosion (especially nuclear explosions) or an intensely fluctuating magnetic field is caused by Compton-recoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons scattered in the materials of the electronic or explosive device in a surrounding medium. The resulting electric and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges. The effects are usually not noticeable beyond the blast radius unless the device is nuclear or specifically designed to produce an electromagnetic shockwave.

It would be safer to build a giant degaussing coil to demagnatize there speakers, although this may require tons of copper **broken link removed**

quiet roit said:
So legal or not, please submit any solution to jam the sound. Thanx

I feel for ya. I've had annoying neighbors too, but I can't think of any way to jam a CD player with an electronic device. If it was a radio station, then you could jam it. Not that thats legal in most cases. Sort of cutting power to the house (KIDDING!) or taking the offending CD collection to the microwave, I really don't know what you could do. Find out when they sleep and blast opera music their way?;)

I don't know if this will help but the company I work at is near the interstate and they are always working on the road so the big semis end up stopped about 50 feet from office. One day some guys voice was BOOMing/Echoing out of almost every electronic item in the office his voice was coming over the phone,fax,radio,TV, and even my cell phone. It happened like 4-5 more times over 2 week period. I took a little 40 channel hand held CB to work and got on channel 19 and asked the truck drivers who had the over powered CB with the crazy echo. I was told he had a president grant CB with 2 1600W tube linear amplifiers.

Why don't people call the police in cases like this instead of look for vigalante answers. There are laws designed to protect people from abuse like this, and all you have to do is be very persistent about calling every single time. If you fear retaliation start a couple looping web cams or some other kind of security system and log as much as you can. Anyone that decides to do something stupid will quickly end up in jail.

quiet roit said:
What is a EMP bomb? Could not find it on your project page.

hey!! you expected to find this on my website?! i am egyptian, but i am not a terrorist!!!! :D looooooool

Oh no we've been here before.

Nigel, please close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Jees, sorry to bring up a problem that has been discussed here before. It is not my intention to solicit criticism from long standing, experienced members. I come to this forum seeking a solution to a problem, not to be kicked around by those who are bored with my request.

The problem is we can not help you because there is no legal electronic solution you your problem and we don't want to provide you with an illegal solution because it would implicate us too.

Have you tried talking to your neighbours?

Have you reported them to your local authority?

quiet roit said:
Jees, sorry to bring up a problem that has been discussed here before. It is not my intention to solicit criticism from long standing, experienced members. I come to this forum seeking a solution to a problem, not to be kicked around by those who are bored with my request.

There a few low-tech solutions, that would get your point across, but in these modern times it would be you sitting in jail and paying fines, and the crack-head neighbors will be laughing while robbing your house.

It's not that this topic is boring, we feel your frustration. The law sux when you have to take crap off a bunch of punks, and rely only on the police to fix it. I really hate having to go to other people, to do something I could do myself. As stated above, we've kick this topic around many times, various situations, several countries.

This is likely a little dangerous, maybe not so legal (Malicious intent). Since these jackasses are basically outdoors (pole barn, open-sided structure), perhaps some very bright light. Remember reading a warning about strobe lights, and a certain frequency that can induce seizures. I couldn't give you the specifics on how you might accomplish something on a large enough scale, or if it would actually work. Something you might research, a destraction at least. I've got two neighbors that are security-light freaks. The people across the back ally just put one up that is so bright it messes with my low-lux camera.

What about plain and simple sound insulation?

Double glased windows, sponge on the walls?

What about noise cancelling headphones??

Last edited:
play really loud classical music back, junkies hate classical music right?

Once again, law enforcement has not been able to solve this problem. Talking has not been able to solve this problem. I will not, nor do I want, to harm anyone. There has got to be some sort of way to subdue this noise through the magic of eltronic creativity. Ideas like the giant degaussing coil & the CB with amplifers are exactly what I am looking for. If makeshift devices of this nature are illegal I will take my chances. Local law enforcement does not impose justice upon the offending noise maker. They have informed me that the same blind eye to justice will be applied to my solution.

Either invest in some other way of minimising the nuisance or crank up the volume on your stereo.

If you resort to the illegal and potentially dangerous methods you've outlined above then you can expect to get busted.

How will you feel if you got sent down for taking the law into your own hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back