Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphic LCD question (Call for help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee_hhl

Hello!
I have some question that is about showing the Chinese, European or other type of character.
I have a LCM that using a LCD driver which without built-in CGROM. If I want to display different character of particular country, how could I do?

Are there any electronics component that built-in such character (not LCD driver), so that I could load the character from it. Or you have any other solution?

Thank you for your great support!

ee_hhl said:
Hello!
I have some question that is about showing the Chinese, European or other type of character.
I have a LCM that using a LCD driver which without built-in CGROM. If I want to display different character of particular country, how could I do?

Are there any electronics component that built-in such character (not LCD driver), so that I could load the character from it. Or you have any other solution?

Thank you for your great support!

Hi,
This depends on the format you want to use. If you want to preprogram 'all' languages in a big e(e)prom, you make the different charactersets in partitions and just address the wanted language with fixed settings of the upper address lines. I would suppose that you need to generate the actual font data yourself.

This is normally done in graphic displays with downloadable charactersets. You download to the big RAM in the module and set the startaddress for the characterset partition. In your case the ram will be replaced by the big eeprom.

If you give us the type of module you are using it will be easier to answer concrete on your question.

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back