Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion sensor PIR problem question?

gary350

I bought 3 PIR motion sensors from 3 different sellers, California, TX, NC, all 3 must be the same manufacture with the same PIR problem. Sensor adjustment and Lux adjustment does not work. Timer adjustment works good 8 sec to 12 min. Max range should be 2m to 12m = 10' to 39'. The drawing I made shows 30' to the left, 10' in center, 15' to the right side. I have been experiment for almost 2 weeks can't make Lux or Sens work. Case is glued shut I will probably destroy it trying to get it apart, maybe knobs are not connected to variable resistor. I have 2 more days to return for refund.

Who else sells PIR sensors? I have no clue how to know if a different sell is selling the same junk PIR sensor I already have.

101_7902.JPG
101_7904.JPG
selling the same sensor I already have.

You can see this review before you make your next purchase.

Those are interesting motion sensors but not what I need. I need a sensor that turns on a 120vac 8700 lumin LED light to light up the whole yard at night. Light allows the UV cameras to see 100 ft in the dark vs 15 ft in the dark. I need 120 vac motion sensors.

We have several of this sensors shown in this attached picture. They advertise free service but that is a lie. It is free for 30 days then it stops working until you pay $60 a month for cloud service for each camera. We learned to delete software then install it again we get another 30 days of free service. This camera uv range is 15 ft with 8700 lumins of light lets the camera see the whole yard at night. These lights knows something is out there it senses something is there and rotates 360 degrees to view it. Light zooms in on movement like radar. I have a lot of good video of strange things that happen at 3 am. Some people are stupid or just don't care if you see them. Maybe thieves think they have time to get away if they are seen. So far no one has shot at us and we have not shot at them. When dog barks people are gone quick. I have a lot of good videos of the local Bobcat it is very large about knee high. I have never seen a bobcat this large it worries me to be outside in the dark. The strangest video so far was a car drove up our driveway, 3 people jump out and ran to see if any of our house doors are unlocked or if any windows will open while the drive waits in the car. Every think was locked so they drove away. Police were very interested in that video. Without cameras we would have never known what is happening after dark. Police said, loud barking dog is the best home security.

101_7905.JPG

Oh. I see. Ok. Let's see if somebody else suggests a more reliable source of motion sensors that you're looking for.

Simple, don't buy them from Dollar stores etc. - go to a proper electrical supplies store (one who sells parts to electricians), they will presumably have decent quality PIR sensor switches - at decent quality prices. And if they don't work, you can take them back and complain.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back