Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation Help for Axial Flux PMG with Ansoft Maxwell 3D

I have edited my post because I realize that my request for help was too broad and possibly unclear.

Hello

I am simulating an axial flux permanent magnet generator using Ansoft Maxwell 3D. I already have my generator simulated, but voltages and currents are not as expected. At this point I am not sure if it is my simulation that is in error or the design of my generator.

If anyone has an example of an axial flux permanent magnet generator modeled in Maxwell 3D, or any 3D program, that would be very helpful.

Also, I have a specific question regarding defining windings and coil terminals in Maxwell 3D. My design using planar spiral inductors, and I'm not sure if I'm defining them correctly.

Finally, If anyone is familiar with the theory behind axial flux permanent magnet generators, I have a few questions on the theoretical design that I would like to ask.

Anyone that can help please reply with what question you would like to help with and I will post more details for you.

I have edited my post because I realize that my request for help was too broad and possibly unclear.

Hello

I am simulating an axial flux permanent magnet generator using Ansoft Maxwell 3D. I already have my generator simulated, but voltages and currents are not as expected. At this point I am not sure if it is my simulation that is in error or the design of my generator.

If anyone has an example of an axial flux permanent magnet generator modeled in Maxwell 3D, or any 3D program, that would be very helpful.

Also, I have a specific question regarding defining windings and coil terminals in Maxwell 3D. My design using planar spiral inductors, and I'm not sure if I'm defining them correctly.

Finally, If anyone is familiar with the theory behind axial flux permanent magnet generators, I have a few questions on the theoretical design that I would like to ask from them Safepowering.

Anyone that can help please reply with what question you would like to help with and I will post more details for you.
thanks in advance for any help

How many coils & how many magnets (per side) are you using?

The coils must be a multiple of three and wired for three phase output to maintain constant torque.
There would commonly be two more or two less magnet poles s per side than coils; there are a number of valid arrangements.

Some bits that may be of use:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back