Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favorite SciFi's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats! there goes that book idea and instant stardom :(

:) We've all had brilliant ideas which we later saw for sale--from someone else. I hate that.

**broken link removed**

Torben

Attachments

• wilmadearing.JPG
    wilmadearing.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 173
:) We've all had brilliant ideas which we later saw for sale--from someone else. I hate that.
Torben

For example - Pet Rocks
For $10 US you buy a stupid rock the size of a baseball and it comes with literature on how to teach your pet rock to Sit, Stay, Roll, etc. The entrepenure that thought up that idea is now lounging on his yacht, laughing all the way to the bank. Millions of rocks were sold as $10 each. Just think of what his low investment outlay may have been. Rocks out of a gravel pit into the back of a dump truck!

Last edited:
You mean the gorgeous Wilma Dearing! :D

Or did you mean Twiki? :p

No, I think I would go with Wilma Dearing on that one, she used to be soooooo pretty, nhummy, as I said.
Just what a young boy at school not needs.

Was twiki the robot's name? As I said ours were dubbed, cannot remember the little copper robbots name, I'll have to trust you on that one.
I just remember the bidibidi-oh-oh when the paw-paw was about to hit.

Was twiki the robot's name? As I said ours were dubbed, cannot remember the little copper robbots name, I'll have to trust you on that one.
I just remember the bidibidi-oh-oh when the paw-paw was about to hit.

The little round one which Twiki often wore around his neck? That was Dr. Theopolis.

In the originals, Twiki was voiced by Mel Brooks, if I remember correctly.

Loved that series when I was a kid. I remember the night my dad came and got me out of bed when it came on TV--I was allowed to stay up late one night a week to watch Buck Rogers. :)

Torben

Wow, that's quite cool.
I think my dad was a bit more strict, but buck rogers was on early enough.

Sci-fi? What about space balls.
We're out combing the desert.:D

I really loved the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy....the book, NOT the movie. Brilliant alternative way of thinking....

"Don't Panic"

I really loved the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy....the book, NOT the movie. Brilliant alternative way of thinking....

The movie was a crappy American one - they ruin loads of good programmes that way :mad:

Originally it was a BBC radio series, a friend of mine still has them all on cassette, then it was a BBC TV series, and that was great as well.

Originally it was a BBC radio series, a friend of mine still has them all on cassette

That must be nice to listen to now... I thought I saw transcripts somewhere....maybe in my uncle's bookshop. Be nice to get hold of the original radio series though. Would love to hear the voice of Marvin.

Marvin: "And then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."

Hey all, first post.

Im personally a fan of "giant monster movies" like Gamera, Godzilla and King Kong. (mostly the old japanese versions).

Also does anybody like the anime series Robotech or any "transforming robot" like shows?

I've only seen clips from transformers - the movie, seemed cool, but I have not made the trouble to see it.
Godzilla was generally cool, but it had a couple of irritating moments.
The others I do not really know.
I think the guys (here) are maybe more into sci-fi than fantasy stuff, like king kong, etc.

Come to think of it, terminator 1 was always regarded as phenomenal, has anyone mentioned it, can't remember.

While not SciFi there are some spy shows from the 60's that I would like to watch but do not seem to be on directTV.

The Man From UNCLE
I SPY
Mission Impossible

could be more but that is what I can think of just now.

Get Smart was fun but not in the same league.

'The man from uncle' series does come under the heading of Sci-Fi some of those plots and the gadgets were ahead of time perhaps...though my fountain pen cannot make long distance phone calls just yet.

Never seen 'I SPY' so cannot comment on that as for mission imposibble .. high tech in places yes, futuristic alas sadly no.

'The man from uncle' series does come under the heading of Sci-Fi some of those plots and the gadgets were ahead of time perhaps...though my fountain pen cannot make long distance phone calls just yet.

Never seen 'I SPY' so cannot comment on that as for mission imposibble .. high tech in places yes, futuristic alas sadly no.

Yeah I liked the Man from Uncle. One of the main actors played the part in my avatar on the Outer Limits. The blond haired guy.

Anybody like any Sci-fi books? or is that against the rules? :confused:

My personal favorite is Neuromancer by William Gibson. Im something of a bookworm, anybody have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back