Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favorite SciFi's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to think of anything even similar ? I used to see a lot of stuff like that when I was a kid but can't come up with anything.

kv

I'm not sure I want your suggestion after that dern hyperlink. I wasted a good part of the day on that cotton picker!

No, really that was funny as hell! You got anymore like that? My friends loved it!

I'm not sure I want your suggestion after that dern hyperlink. I wasted a good part of the day on that cotton picker!

No, really that was funny as hell! You got anymore like that? My friends loved it!

It was a grab bag. I looked at it and thought it might be useful for both of us.

Just luck I guess.

kv:)

Edit: I see what your saying............I think you went to the 3rd line down off google ? I meant the first one and 3 post in the forum:eek:

Sorry I'm glad you got a laugh though.:)

Last edited:
I can still remember the old black and white thing. Funny how they could use it to keep you glued to the program with it's suspense filed music and such.

No, 3D no animation nothing makeup and lights.

To a 8 to 10 yr. old that was really something back then. Now, kids think what the hell is this ? You use to watch this stuff ?

I must have missed something (regarding post just before the one I'm writing now).

I wanted to comment on this while I looked for that.

Yes I did forget to mention, the MUSIC! The music was perfect. Really cool!

It would be hard to predict what a kid would say because that's all they have seen is color and so I suppose it would stand out to them, but I seriously believe the quality of material was far superior to what it is today. I'm sorry, and I know people don't like hearing that but I don't think I have heard a better era in the entire history of the world for music. Allot of cars had the coolest designs. Think about 1963

1. Corvette

2. Road Runner

3. Charger

4.Mustang (they flat out copied that design for this year's issue)

5. Barracuda

there were more and they were high performance as well. I know they are fast today and all that, but you ever just sit in one of those old rocking horses idling about 500 rpm? It's a dream :)

What I know about that era that is probably significant is that the US was economically more prosperous than anytime in it's history and especially now. In 1963 we were also the largest creditor nation in the world. Now we are the largest debtor nation. Allot of cheap crap and corner cutting coming out of this country today and you can see it in the movies we produce. Also it was not uncommon to hear someone say "God bless you" where today if you utter those words, people look at you like you are the enemy. It's sad. Deuteronomy chapter 28 explains it well.

Watch the "Dragon's Den" episode of Space:1999. That one scared the living crap out of me, and had this brilliant concept of a floating graveyard of spaceships beyond the orbit of Pluto. Aliens that tried to contact us, but they got killed by a horrible monster.

On the subject of "Does anyone know...?" I have one that's been bugging me for years. It was an old black-and-white movie with a similar concept to 1988's "They Live" (with Ronnie Piper) where the hero puts on a pair of glasses and can see the aliens. He has a mini radio transmitter that looks like a key fob with various flip-up antennas - one to track aliens, another to communicate with the base.

But for some reason he never checks out his girlfriend with the alien-detecting glasses and oopsie! She's one of them and kills him. Last scene is through the glasses and we finally see what the aliens look like - burned, emaciated things.

Anybody know what this movie was?

Last edited:
Watch the "Dragon's Den" episode of Space:1999. That one scared the living crap out of me, and had this brilliant concept of a floating graveyard of spaceships beyond the orbit of Pluto. Aliens that tried to contact us, but they got killed by a horrible monster.

On the subject of "Does anyone know...?" I have one that's been bugging me for years. It was an old black-and-white movie with a similar concept to 1988's "They Live" (with Ronnie Piper) where the hero puts on a pair of glasses and can see the aliens. He has a mini radio transmitter that looks like a key fob with various flip-up antennas - one to track aliens, another to communicate with the base.

But for some reason he never checks out his girlfriend with the alien-detecting glasses and oopsie! She's one of them and kills him. Last scene is through the glasses and we finally see what the aliens look like - burned, emaciated things.

Anybody know what this movie was?

Did it have Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? You know, the wrestler dude.

*edit*

Oh yeah, you said it was a B&W. I'll have to think on that one.

Last edited:
No, this was years before "They Live" came out. Old 50's black and white movie, different storyline - the guy with the glasses is from a different race of aliens trying to stop the other aliens from taking over Earth. Had this cool radio/tracker key fob with these flip-up antennas.

No, this was years before "They Live" came out. Old 50's black and white movie, different storyline - the guy with the glasses is from a different race of aliens trying to stop the other aliens from taking over Earth. Had this cool radio/tracker key fob with these flip-up antennas.

It's not 50's but this is what I thought of when you said Sun Glasses.

Anybody seen this film ? I've always liked "John Lithgow"
he can assume almost any Character especially aliens.

YouTube - Buckaroo Banzai - Lord Whorfin

Are you serious? Event Horizon was one of the most @*(&#*(@ up movies I've ever seen.

Another vote for "Forbidden Planet", Event Horizon being rubbish, and dknguyen looking prettier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back