Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did anyone follow the "Bail Out"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Uber and Mikebits both. That is the sad part. He (Bill) was in the right place at the right time. I do not like him or his products or marketing, but he did play the world and won.

And Harvey is right, she (Martha) must have got on someones wrong side. But small price to pay for what she was allowed to keep.

Bill Gates, Gee what can I say?

Took on the world and won yes. However, he did it (As they always do) on the backs of other people who had good company's working with a healthy profit and employing several hundred people.

Effectively putting them out of business. And stealing their products and re-naming them.

If you didn't play ball with him his lawyers would put you in the red so deep you wouldn't be able to pay your employees ? Then he just would bankrupt you and cast your cold dead company to the side as he dug deeper into other company's with his newly found victory and increase assets.

Soon he had all the products. No one could tell him they didn't want them. You are forced to use them.

That is not competition. That is Ultimate Power Corruption. And greed.

Funny you never herd one word from the Government until they could put their fat Greedy fingers on him at the end.

kv

Club FED it may be, but Skakel is still in it!

In 1920 he was a drug smuggler by the fact that it was prohibition, the dealers were the speakeasys.

Edited out due to siting of emotion retraction :) I despise Gates for the crap that he puts out and the bog of eternal stench (name that quote) that he turned the software industry into. There is no excuse for the blue screen, and there never has been, at least not 1/10 as often as it is seen.

As for Stewart, there is a wonderful video out there spoofing her lame excuse for designs :)

Well, thanks for not lashing back Uber. It was one of those post where you wish you had not pressed the ok button. I appreciate your opinion, and let's face it; if we all agreed on things this would be a boring place.

I have always considered prohibition as a bad idea. During that time period, law biding citizens we suddenly transformed into criminals. The jail population went through the roof, thus forcing a major tax burden. With the prohibition also came new types of criminals who used violent methods to control a would be legal substance. It was an ugly time, enforcement was futile, and in the end the law was reversed.

As for Dad Kennedy, he was a Harvard grad before prohibition and he had already established himself as a business powerhouse. Amongst his many business ventures, his underlings were running booze. The point I am trying to make is that his ties to the bootleg were more likely than not, a result of his dollar financing the operation. I could not say if it was unknown to him, but I suspect it was.

What ever the case may be, this should not trickle to JFK who was considered a War hero and a good president.

Bill Gates, well he was one savay guy. He took a CPU board and made DOS, which he purchased from someone else for next to nothing. Jobes came out with a click n go type system. Gates saw this and knew he was in deep Kim chee. So he buys an abanded project that Xerox had produced and made windows. To me, the guy is brilliant.

Lately, Gates has been giving more money to charity than many small nations GNP.

As for M. Stewart, I have no feelings about the whole thing, thus my no comment.

Well, Cheers and Peace :)

Last edited:
I thought Steve and crew robbed PARC/Xerox before Bill did (I recall a B&W version of the OS on a small screen way back).

I still do not like Bill or Martha.

Government going after Bill when he was running M$. He had more money/lawyers and it would cost too much to go after him. I figured he would wreck the US before the Government/Bankers did.

Maybe Bill can donate some here in the US and save us all. RIGHT! I will just pay my taxes.

Maybe Bill can donate some here in the US and save us all. RIGHT! I will just pay my taxes.

I think he does help in the US. Check here.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Microsoft may be one of a few software houses not in the process or exporting some or all of its work. MS has a lot of people writting software and these employed people pay a lot of taxes.

Where do I get my info? I still have a few friends who code for a living, it is what I hear from them.

It is not hard to see MS's market position allows them to use local talent when others can not afford to.

So, in the end how ugly does that make Bill ?

3v0

I think he does help in the US. Check here.

**broken link removed**

It said Beta on a website? So does that means it is not working yet (not that the release will work either; happy not to see a blue screen for a webpage though). :D Or does that mean there will be a cool new website name soon like gatesfoudationSP1.org or gatesfoundationKB10023412.org.

But glad to see he is not keeping all the money I've spent on his products for himself. Never spent a dime on Martha, but sure my wife has.

Keep up the faith.

Edit 3v0 posted as I did: That is a good thing as you state. You are right and I hope Bill is gone so others he shut down can maybe get back in the game too and hire people or at least their old people back.

Last edited:
Edit 3v0 posted as I did: That is a good thing as you state. You are right and I hope Bill is gone so others he shut down can maybe get back in the game too and hire people or at least their old people back.

Gates should start with an ORIGINAL IDEA and quality
by technewsjunkie October 18, 2007 6:11 PM PDT
I see NOTHING in Microsoft's development's that are "genuinely"
original, much less innovative. Second rate knock-offs.
Windows is a rip off of BOTH Apple's Mac OS _AND_ PARC
Word is a rip off of Wordperfect
Powerpoint is a rip off of Adobe Persuasion, many others.
Excel is a rip off of Visicalc
Windows Media is a rip off of Quicktime and part of MS-Apple
settlement
Explorer is a rip off of Mosaic and NETSCAPE!
Zune is a rip off of iPod media player
Live Meeting webconferencing is a rip off of WebEx
SAAS is a rip off of other innovators and evolution, including
Google.
Speaking of GOOGLE - Microsoft's RECENT search RELIGION is
ANOTHER REACTION to the Search technology paradigm
changing the game.
GOOGLE DOCS are responsible for Microsoft's REACTIONARY
competitive strategy to SAAS over the Internet. REACTIONARY,
NOT INNOVATIVE
HOW ABOUT NOT STEALING, BILL.

Wordperfect was affected in my area I had to deal with several people who depended on the Company. They lost homes and could not stay in the area.

They will never be able to bounce back from their misfortune as well as other Company's because of ( Microsoft's legal Extortion ring) as to many years have passed away and now in print only on the Web.

Soon that too will die away to the Bill Gates new legacy Team. He will be remembered by many in history contrary to the above. It is also well known that those with the most love to boast. ( Forbes, top givers is a place to be )

kv

KV, I agree 100%.

Apple could not nail them, Google might (will; hope M$ does not own that company too). KV, you might be as old as I am :D

Anyway. Maybe we need to get back over to the electronics threads. hahaha..

But thanks for finishing what I saw and lived through as well.

Hope old Gary K is resting in piece (DOS) Mitch K is OK that someone took his full screen calc to Windows..

KV, I agree 100%.

KV, you might be as old as I am :D
(52 in March ) 3/27/1957. The year of sputnik. Who could resist a red/white 327 in a souped-up 57 Chevy.

Anyway. Maybe we need to get back over to the electronics threads.

Hope old Gary K is resting in piece (DOS) Mitch K is OK that someone took his full screen calc to Windows..

I agree to much emotion attached to this one now.

kv :) Peace out.

Last edited:
I remember using Mosaic, it was the first of its kind. I also remember being a hardcore Netscape user for a long time also. These two packages had little more to offer than Explorer, and since explorer came bundled with a OS it only made sense that most people would opt for a package deal. That is business, smart business.

And for Wordperfect, I used it and thought it was yuck, it was like using Unix. Word came out and the heaven gates lit up as they offered user friendly interface. The better product prevailed.

Did you ever look at the price tag for Adobe Persuasion? Holy cow, only the big companies could buy it. Powerpoint came bundled with my Sony lap top. Again good business.

Visicalc...never heard of it. Maybe their marketing dept. fell short. I am surprised you failed to mention Lotus, they were a name for a time. Again they fell short.
MS had the marketing and a good business sense. It is business. Like it or not...

I remember using Mosaic, it was the first of its kind. I also remember being a hardcore Netscape user for a long time also. These two packages had little more to offer than Explorer, and since explorer came bundled with a OS it only made sense that most people would opt for a package deal. That is business, smart business.

And for Wordperfect, I used it and thought it was yuck, it was like using Unix. Word came out and the heaven gates lit up as they offered user friendly interface. The better product prevailed.

Only because of Windows, WordPerfect was a leading DOS product - their Windows versions never seemed to be that great.

Visicalc...never heard of it. Maybe their marketing dept. fell short. I am surprised you failed to mention Lotus, they were a name for a time. Again they fell short.

Again, VisiCalc was a leading DOS spreadsheet, and was the first ever PC spreadsheet - often considered the single application that made the PC a success.

Lotus were like WordPerfect - a DOS company that failed with their Windows versions.

KV, I would love to have a 57 Chevy today. Heck I'd take my high school 71 Chevy Nova SS 350 right now if I could get it back. :) Gave it to my brother, never saw it again.

Peace out. Have to go organize my 5.25" floppies and through out the 8" ones.

Heck, in 1920, I would have bootlegged. I like my beer. I suppose a guy who sells aspirin is a drug dealer too. J.P.K brought many other fine qualities to the table and shame on you to disparage his name. What the heck have you done that allows you to judge him? And aside from your Wiki research, what facts do you really have?

And I think jealousy is what brings attacks on Bill Gates. He pulled off what everyone dreams of. Boo hoo for us, so let's see if we can smear his name to make us feel better. Geez, get over it.

And for M. Stewart... No comment.

Bill Gates knew somebody because he snagged the deal to do DOS for IBM at the last minute / second. Digital Research was supposed to have that deal. They were the one who did CP/M.

The bankers love Bill Gates. Look up the "Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation". He is really a sicko.

KV, I would love to have a 57 Chevy today. Heck I'd take my high school 71 Chevy Nova SS 350 right now if I could get it back. :) Gave it to my brother, never saw it again.

Peace out. Have to go organize my 5.25" floppies and through out the 8" ones.
I used to drive to college in a '67 mustang straight six with memories of my uncles pet '71 mustang with the 351 Cleveland with holly four barrels. he us to tow his boat around with out that thing even realizing it!

I had a 12" 1M platter on a DEC PDP11 :)

Bill Gates knew somebody because he snagged the deal to do DOS for IBM at the last minute / second. Digital Research was supposed to have that deal. They were the one who did CP/M.

The bankers love Bill Gates. Look up the "Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation". He is really a sicko.
Ever notice how many of their "donations" are predicated on M$ software use?

The Government uses Windoze. Maybe Bill will read this and bail us out?

Uber: Did a lot on PDP and VAX machines. Loved the tapes too. They would be great toys for me now.

Only because of Windows, WordPerfect was a leading DOS product - their Windows versions never seemed to be that great.

Of course that was because MS could develop better software for Windows because they wrote the OS and it's a known fact that they made lots of the APIs secret meaning only they could use them in their own software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back